After getting your heart broken, it might be hard for you to jump back into the dating game. After all, you don’t want to end up getting hurt all over again. That’s why you need to find someone special, someone who reminds you relationships are worth it.
- The risks should be worth it. Sure, it’s scary to think that you’re either going to end up marrying your date or getting your heart brutally torn out by him, but it’s a risk you need to be willing to take. Besides, once you find the right guy, then it won’t feel like a risk at all. He’ll make it clear that he won’t be leaving you unless you push him away.
- The fights should be worth it. You’re not supposed to spend every other night in silence, because you had a nasty fight you don’t want to talk about. Your fights aren’t meant to push you further apart. You need to find someone who will compromise with you after arguments and apologize when he’s in the wrong, so that you can fix your problems together and build a stronger relationship.
- The sex should be worth it. You shouldn’t dread the nights when he initiates sex. You should be eager to hop into bed with him, because he goes down on you as much as you go down on him.
- The teamwork should be worth it. You shouldn’t resent him for all of the money you have to spend on him for his birthday and all of the chores you have to help him with around the house. You should be proud to share your life with him. You should be willing to assist him in any way you can, because you know it’ll make him happy.
- The time with his family should be worth it. No one wants to visit their boyfriend’s relatives during the holidays, but if you love him, you’ll secretly like having a second family. It’ll make you feel like a real part of his life. Besides, dealing with his mother isn’t that bad if it means you get to go home with him.
- The awkward stage in the beginning should be worth it. The reason why we hate dating around so much is because first dates rarely lead to anything. But if they do lead to something, all of those confusing texts and conversations will be worth it. A little awkwardness in the beginning isn’t a big deal if it means you’ll get to spend a lifetime with the love of your life.
- The beauty rituals should be worth it. All of the time you spend shaving and dying your hair shouldn’t feel like a waste. You should want to look nice for him, and he should want to compliment you whenever he sees you.
- The time you spend together should be worth it. You shouldn’t have to drag yourself over to his house on weekends, because you’d rather be hanging out with your single friends. You should be counting down the days until you see him again, because he’s your best friend. If he’s not, then why are you with him?