A 24-year-old Thai man was detained by police in the city of Nonthaburi after it was revealed that he had stolen more than 100 pairs of flip flops to have sex with them because he has a serious foot fetish, the New York Post reports. Theerapat Klaiya was caught after authorities began receiving one too many strange reports of people’s shoes going missing and now he’s facing charges for theft.
- The thefts took place over a two-year period. In total, Klaiya was found to have stolen 126 pairs of flip flops, all of which were taken from people’s houses when they left the shoes outside overnight. Police found all of the shoes lined up neatly in his house when they searched the property. They were all different colors and sizes.
- Klaiya would wear the shoes around the house to arouse himself. Apparently, wearing other people’s flip flops really helped him get his rocks off, which is strange but no necessarily inherently an issue. Having a foot fetish is semi-common, after all.
- Then came all the sex. Apparently, Klaiya didn’t just wear the flip flops around, he then kissed them, caressed them, and made love to them before tossing them aside for the next pair. That’s not very gentlemanly behavior, mind you!
- It looks like he could be in big trouble now. In addition to admitting to three counts of nighttime theft and snatching, he was also found guilty of having an illegal digital transceiver and violating the coronavirus curfew, which is no good. He’s being held in custody until his court date but how Klaiya will be punished, according to Police Major Colonel Ekkaphop Prasitwattanachai.
- Sadly, this wasn’t Klaiya’s first offense. He’s apparently been found guilty of the same crime in another district previously. Looks like he hasn’t learned his lessons, but hey, I guess you can’t stand in the way of true love.