When you think of mustard, you likely think of French’s. The iconic brand makes arguably the best version of the condiment on the shelf, and it goes great on burgers, soft pretzels, and more. However, you probably wouldn’t expect mustard to go in ice cream and that’s exactly what’s happening. Here’s what you need to know.
- Mustard ice cream is a collaboration with Coolhaus. Coolhaus is a deliciously innovative ice cream brand which doesn’t shy away from bold flavors. It’s no wonder, then, that they decided to team up with French’s to make mustard ice cream for a limited time.
- It’s the perfect way to celebrate National Mustard Day. August 3rd marks National Mustard Day and the French’s/Coolhaus mustard ice cream is available in select Coolhaus shops from August 1st, meaning you can celebrate in tasty, mustardy style.
- It’s served with a pretzel cookie. Soft pretzels are perhaps the best thing to put French’s mustard on, so it’s pretty ingenious that your dish of mustard ice cream will come with a pretzel flavored cookie. Perfect for dipping!
- It’s only available in New York and LA. Coolhaus’ location in Culver City, California will have the flavor for a limited time between August 2 – August 4 and then again from August 9 – August 11. As for New York, you should keep an eye out for the French’s mustard ice cream truck on August 1 & 2 and then out in the Hamptons on August 3.
- If you can’t make it to the truck, you can always make some at home. French’s knows that not everyone is near a Coolhaus location or may not be able to make it out, but they want you to celebrate too. That’s why they’ve created a mustard ice cream recipe that you can make at home.
- It’s surprisingly delicious. While the combination of mustard and ice cream might sound weird, French’s and Coolhaus promise that you’ll be surprised by how delicious it is! Hey, you never know unless you try, right?