The moment a golden retriever is cruelly abandoned by its owner on the side of a road in Vancouver, Washington has been caught on video. Two people named Brandon Price and Alyssa Ott recorded the clip, which shows the woman getting out of her car and pretending to take the dog for a walk before running back to the vehicle and driving away, and shared it on social media.
- Who could be so cruel? The dog clearly thinks it’s going for a nice walk with its owner and is happy and excited, even wagging its tail. For the woman to leave it in a a clearing at the side of the road and run back to her car to leave the animal behind is just beyond belief.
- Thankfully, the dog was rescued. He’s now in the care of I Paw’d It Forward on Facebook, who shared the video with its audience while admonishing the owner. “I would like to take a moment to use this entire ordeal as a learning experience and hopefully, in sharing this video, give others pause before contemplating abandoning your animal,” they wrote. “THIS. This is what a dog that has just been abandoned looks like. They are still here. They are still waiting. They are still searching for you to return. They are confused. They do not understand why the humans they devoted their lives to, have disappeared. Most of the time, we don’t catch them right after they are left. Most of them never make it home. We do our best to recover as many as we can, but we know we are just a small blip on the grand scheme of it.”
- There’s no reason to do such a thing. No matter what you’re going through in life, there is no excuse for cruelly abandoning your dog on the side of a road. There are ALWAYS other options. As I Paw’d It First’s post continued, “There is no reason to do this. None. There are a bunch of excuses, but no reasons. There are a whole slew of options available if you decide your dog is not for you, or your life has changed, or whatever you have convinced yourself is what you need.”
- Clark County Sheriff’s Office is investigating. That means the dog isn’t up for adoption via the rescue at this time, but they’ll be providing further info on their Facebook page as it becomes available. In the meantime, the police are looking into the situation and as per an update post, they believe they have identified the woman responsible.
- If you want to donate to the rescue, you can. Price, one of the people who recorded the clip, is raising money for I Paw’d It Forward via Facebook. You can donate HERE if you’d like.