While not all women are single by choice, many are—and for good reason. There are endless perks to not being in a relationship even if they’re a little hard to appreciate sometimes. Whether you’re single because you want to be or you just haven’t found the right person yet, here’s how you know you’re impressively good at rolling solo.
- You have or are working towards the life you’ve always wanted. You’re well aware that waiting around for “The One” to begin living life to the fullest would be a ridiculous waste of time. You don’t need a partner to start creating the life you’ve always wanted and you know it. You’re out there killing it in every possible respect. When love does come along, they’ll be the cherry on top of an already incredibly full life.
- Bad dates don’t get you down anymore. Maybe you used to get depressed or frustrated after a date went badly or a potential romantic connection didn’t work out, but not anymore. You get that when something is meant to be, it’ll be. In the meantime, there’s no sense crying over someone who didn’t feel the same way about you that you felt about them or getting mad at the douchebag who asked you to hang out and then blocked you for no reason. Moving on!
- Finding love isn’t very high up on your to-do list. It’s not that you’re totally against the idea of finding love, just that there are a whole host of other things that you want to accomplish so much more. Whether it’s learning to speak another language, traveling abroad, running a marathon, becoming a manager at your company, getting a PhD—your bucket list is long and love doesn’t really make the cut.
- You never skimp on self-care. Because you’re not in a relationship, you have plenty of time to devote to yourself in every possible way. You hit the gym or go for a run, you make incredibly nutritious meals in the kitchen to fuel your body (and sometimes order Chinese, of course), you meditate or journal, and you generally take really good care of you. After all, you know you’re the only one who has your back 100% at the end of the day and you need to treat you right.
- You see being ghosted, stood up, or otherwise screwed over as a blessing. Yeah, it’s annoying that some jerk didn’t respect you enough to tell you straight up that he wasn’t interested or only wanted to hook up, but what’s the point in getting hung up on people like that? At the end of the day, you saved yourself a lot of time, energy, and heartbreak by seeing their true colors now. You deserve better and you know it.
- Your female circle is strong as hell. While you’d never drop your BFFs for a relationship anyway, the fact that you’re not in one means you get to focus on building your girl tribe. You lift each other up, empower and encourage each other, and you’re there to support each other through thick and thin. These foundations of friendship are a huge part of your heart and you never take them for granted.
- You’re not bitter about love but you are a little indifferent. Part of you sees looking for love as a waste of time but that’s only because you believe that you shouldn’t have to devote huge chunks of time to finding it in the first place. You hope it comes along someday and you’ll be ready and willing to put in the necessary work when it does, but for now, you feel like there’s so much more to life that deserves your energy. Again, when it’s meant to be, it’ll be.