Finding out your partner is a cheater is one of the most devastating things you’ll ever experience and can be hard to move past. However, it’s not as bad as it seems — your ex’s BS behavior may have actually done you a favor in the game of love, because if you’ve been burned by a cheater before, it’s you who will prevail in the end. (Seriously — research proves it.)
- You might have learned the hard way, but you definitely learned your lesson. You may feel like you lost him to another woman at first, but in the end, you know you’re life will be better without him in it. Being on the short side of cheating changes you. You’re a different person now, a wiser woman, and you’re going to use that wisdom to protect yourself from every other bad news bears guy out there.
- You’ll truly know how to appreciate a good man when he comes along. You’ve been through the grief and the heartache of a crappy man already, so when a good guy finally comes along, you’ll be so grateful for a man who actually treats you right. In the end, you’ll turn out to be the best girlfriend a guy could have, because a man who treats you well will get the same love and respect in return.
- You’ll end up with the better catch in the end. You’ve already fallen for the douchebag and you’re never falling down that rabbit hole again. Since you already picked the wrong guy, you know how to recognize the right guy when he comes along. You had to know what was bad to find what was good and in the end, your Mr. Right will be so worth it.
- He’s her problem now. That other woman he cheated with is going to be putting up with the same BS you did when he was with you. Considering she’s with a cheater, she really knows how to pick them. If he cheated on you with her, what makes her think he won’t give the same respect to that relationship as he did yours? Once a cheater, always a cheater — now that’s her lesson to learn.
- You know what you deserve. The initial shock of cheating can leave you feeling like everything was your fault. Eventually, you’ll realize that there’s nothing wrong with you and everything wrong with your ex. You’ve experienced an unhealthy relationship and you know you didn’t deserve any of it. When the next guy comes along, you won’t be putting up with any BS because you finally know you deserve better.
- You’ll experience some serious personal growth. Could being the victim of a cheating man actually make you a better person? In the long run, yes. After the initial shock of being cheated on, you experience a whirlwind depression of betrayal, jealousy, and even rage. The experience is so horrible that you’ll never want to go through that again. Once you pick yourself back up, you’ll grow into wanting a better mate, and through that you’ll be a better mate yourself.
- You’ll be the best BS detector. You’ve lived through the heartbreak of a cheating douchebag and you’ve learned. You’ll never forget how he led you down that path of destruction, and because you remember everything, you’ll know how to spot the signs when the next player comes your way. You may have been blind to the red flags before, but after all that, your eyes have never been more open.
- The only thing you really lost is a crappy relationship. Is that really such a loss, though? After all, you’re better off without him. You might feel like being with him was a waste of time, but at least you found out when you did. Now you’re free to find a good man. Once you repair your heart, you’ll be better off than you were before you met him. You may have gone through crap, but in the end, you’ll be the girl winning at love.