It’s safe to say that the coronavirus pandemic has thrown a wrench in life as we know it, and production on TV shows and movies is no exception. However, while the new season of The Great British Bake-Off faced a slight delay when it came to kicking off the new season, it’s been confirmed that filming has wrapped and the whole thing is in the bag, meaning it won’t be long before the episodes hit our screens!
Filming has wrapped on the new series of The Great British Bake Off. More news soon… pic.twitter.com/tyDllxJGSv
— British Bake Off (@BritishBakeOff) August 19, 2020
- Production officially wrapped last week. That means the behind-the-scenes crew can now get to work on editing, producing, and putting the show as we know it together so that it’s ready for TV. That’s likely to take a while longer, but it also means we know for sure that new episodes of GBBO are coming our way soon.
- The Great British Bake-Off usually debuts in August. New seasons tend to air on British TV starting in mid- to late-August, which is the perfect way to see out the end of summer and welcome in the autumn. Since there are only 10 days left to this month, it’s pretty much a guarantee that we’ll be getting started later than normal, but that’s fine by me!
- All the cast and crew self-isolated before filming began. To ensure that everyone involved in the new season was as safe as possible, all the contestants and the crew had to quarantine for two weeks before production started, Deadline reported. In other words, they created their own little bubble so the baking could begin!
- The infamous Bake-Off tent was moved to a new location. In order to ensure the cast and crew had more room and were able to stay away from others as much as possible, the tent was moved this year to a new, top-secret location. “It’s all happening in deep secret, somewhere in darkest deepest Britain in the shires,” Sky Studios chief commercial officer Jane Millichip said at the time.
- Here’s hoping it’s back on our screens soon! I don’t know about you, but I can’t wait!