You don’t have to be a kid to enjoy some deliciously cooling popsicles on a hot summer day. However, if you’re less into the overly sugary stuff you used to have growing up and want something that’s a bit more mature while still a lot of fun, you need to make some of these gummy bear-filled ‘shotsicles’ to keep in the freezer.
- You only need a few basic ingredients. As long as you have some popsicle molds, all you need is some gummy bears, your favorite alcoholic beverage, and some soda. For instance, A Spicy Perspective calls for 1.25 cups of vodka, 1.25 cups of gummy bears, and 3 cups of Sprite.
- You can customize the recipe to your liking. Gummy bear shotsicles are what you make of them. If you don’t like Sprite, switch it out for another soda (even if it’s just soda water). Not into vodka? Pick the alcohol of your choice. Maybe you’d prefer rum or gin or something. Use your creativity to customize things here. You could theoretically even sub gummy bears for another gummy candy if you prefer.
- Make sure to soak your gummy bears first. The original recipe calls for letting your gummy bears sit in the alcohol for up to 72 hours (but a minimum of 24 hours) before pouring that into the bottom of the mold and then adding soda. Those directions are simple enough to follow and don’t take much effort, which is why it’s perfect for me.
- It’s basically three delicious things in one recipe. You’re not just getting the cooling popsicles but also alcohol AND candy. I don’t know about you, but gummy bears are some of my favorite candies and I’ll take basically any booze you want to give send my way. Plus, I hate being hot. In other words, this recipe is a no-brainer in my book.
- What are you waiting for? Make yourself a batch of gummy bear shotsicles so they’re there the next time you need to cool down (or just want a tasty, boozy treat).