My BF challenges me like I’ve never been challenged before and still treats me like a queen. I get the best of both worlds and it’s the most rewarding relationship I’ve ever had.
- We argue a lot and we’re OK with it. If fighting with your other half is considered normal, we must be the most normal couple known to man. We can argue about anything and everything, from what we’re doing on Saturday night to who’s turn it is to put the dog out. It never gets to the point where it’s toxic, but it’s a regular occurrence in our household and we’re OK with that.
- We’re passionate people. We’re not the kinds of people to be super laid-back and carefree about anything. In fact, some might argue that we care too much. We’re fiery and we have tempers when it comes to what the other person is doing—not because we don’t love each other, but because our relationship is nothing but love.
- He tells me off like no one else. It’s no secret that I’m a pretty strong-minded person and I like to get my own way. However, my BF is exactly the same. I won’t let him get away with anything and he won’t let me get away with anything either. Ultimately, it challenges us to be the best possible people that we can be.
- I know I can be unreasonable. Like any other woman, I have days where the hormones get the best of me and I can be the most stubborn person in the world. The great thing about my BF is that he calls me out when I’m behaving in a way that’s not me or in a way that’s unacceptable, and I very much like that about him. He’s got guts and I love it.
- My ex let me get away with anything and everything. I’m the first one to admit that I walked all over my last boyfriend. He just didn’t stimulate me enough and I get pretty bored easily. Even though I know it was wrong, I used to start arguments for entertainment purposes. I wanted a reaction because he was so laid-back he was almost horizontal and he had the emotional range of a teaspoon. I’m sure having a proper, chilled out guy sounds ideal for some women, but that’s just not me. I always wanted someone who made me feel alive.
- I have so much respect for my boyfriend. Due to the fact that he’s not afraid to put me in my place, I respect my current BF so much. I’m more mindful about what I’m saying and doing and it makes me a more considerate person on the whole.
- I find the whole thing sexy. Being an old-school romantic, I prefer to have a BF who can take charge. I like to be wined, dined, and doted on—but I also like a man who can be a man. I guess it comes from the fact that my dad has always been such a strong male figure in my life, and you know what they say: girls always look for a guy who has similar traits to their fathers.
- He treats me exceptionally well. Even though we have a tendency to fight and we massively stand up to each other, at the end of the day, he treats me the best I’ve ever been treated by a guy. He looks after me, holds open doors for me, and is the perfect gentleman—and I have zero complaints.
- It makes our relationship stronger. The fact that we can fight like cat and dog but we always come back from it stronger than ever says a lot about our feelings for each other. We might drive each other crazy at times, but I couldn’t imagine spending my life with anyone else and I know that he feels the same. Sure, our relationship isn’t always smooth sailing, but at least there will never be a dull moment—even when we’re old and gray, sat in our rocking chairs, and he’s telling me off for not saying please when I ask him to make us a cup of tea.