While we guys know that most women aren’t intentionally trying to be intimidating, sometimes it happens anyway. Obviously a dude who can’t get over himself enough to deal with it isn’t worth your time, but many of us do find these things about you a little unnerving.
- Being at the top of your profession Admittedly, this is a rather antiquated notion. In 2018, men should be able to handle career-oriented women who excel at their jobs. But hear me out—if you’re the head of a company or an authority figure in a major organization, that’s intimidating. It’s almost like dating a rock star, TV personality, or high-level politician. The average person can’t fathom being around someone like that, so it takes some getting used to.
- Your supreme confidence There’s absolutely nothing wrong with being extremely self-assured, but again, it’s not something you come across every day. It’s common for men to be attracted to a confident woman. However, meeting a woman like that can make us question whether we’re good enough for you, which can make us back off.
- Your high-class appearance Again, if this is the real you, then you shouldn’t go out of your way to change who you are. However, men can sometimes be wary to approach a woman who’s dressed in high-end fashion, wearing expensive jewelry, or even drinking a martini rather than a beer. If you exude wealth and class, it can be intimidating and make us guys question whether we have what it takes to win your heart or fit your lifestyle.
- Being a little too smart OK, so intelligence in a woman can definitely be sexy. Still, there’s definitely a point where your intelligence intimidates us. If you have an advanced degree, went to an Ivy League school, or you’re a Jeopardy champion, we may be a little worried that being around you on a regular basis will make us feel stupid. Again, this totally isn’t your fault, but you should know that it’s possible to intimidate men with your intelligence.
- Being super independent There’s nothing wrong with being an independent woman. In fact, for many guys, it makes you more appealing than the other girls in the room. The problem is that we know these women don’t actually need us. That means we have to work extra hard to impress you and convince you that we’re worth being in your life. The prospect of doing so can be intimidating for some guys, whether you realize it or not.
- Sexual confidence If this sounds like a complaint, it’s not. Men have no problem with a woman who’s willing to take charge in bed and tell us what she wants. But at the same time, that can be a little scary, in part because it can be such a rare quality in a woman. A woman with sexual confidence also puts a little more pressure on us to perform in bed, and that can be a little intimidating if we don’t have quite as much sexual confidence.
- You’re always busy. This may seem a little weird, but women who are always busy can be a little intimidating. If you work a full-time job and still have the time and energy to volunteer, go hiking, and spend time with your family, we find it both amazing and intimidating. I won’t say that most men are lazy, but most of us don’t have the energy to do all of that. We also struggle to understand how women like this find the energy to keep up that lifestyle. It also makes us think that we have to be something special in order to earn a spot in your busy schedule.
- You’re too beautiful. Again, men aren’t going to complain about this, but we will be intimidated by women who are out-of-our-league gorgeous. There are some women who will literally make us forget our name when we look at them. Also, you ladies should be aware that just ’cause you’re not a model doesn’t mean you can’t be “forget our name” beautiful, so you may not realize it. We know that every other guy who looks at you is going to want you, so just trying to talk to you can be far too intimidating for most guys.