An Arizona man who’s deemed himself a member of the morality police has decided it’d be a good idea to note down license plate numbers of cars at a Tuscon Planned Parenthood so he can stalk the women and “reeducate” them about abortion at their homes. Jordan Hart seems proud not only of his pro-life viewpoints but also his completely inappropriate and frankly illegal methods of enforcing those beliefs in the lives of total strangers.
- The police have refused to step in. The Facebook group Planned Parenthood Baby Parts Emporium brought Jordan’s “protest” activity to light and properly identified him. However, despite his actions being reported to local police, they’re either unable or simply unwilling to do anything to stop him. Essentially, the authorities won’t step in until a woman is seriously injured or even killed by this unstable man.
- This guy will stop at nothing. “He has openly admitted his intention to criminally harass, stalk, and intimidate people,” reads a Facebook post in the group “Keep yourselves safe and keep an eye out for this guy following you or photographing you and your vehicle.”
- He’s not even ashamed of his actions. Hart himself posted in the Facebook group, admitting that he planned to make his own page where he could document the license plate numbers of everyone entering Planned Parenthood. “Hopefully we can identify some of these people and visit the homes to help bring awareness and truth about abortion,” he wrote. “You guys want to keep getting violent with me, I would tell you that is a very bad idea. The police will be there and they are completely okay with my protest and they are completely okay with me taking pictures of individuals or vehicles. They are not okay with any violence against me.”
- Does this dude not realize that Planned Parenthood does more than provide abortions? Yes, that’s a vital part of their services, but they also help with birth control, pap smears, and other female health issues that have nothing to do with procreating. The fact that this idiot is so myopic as to assume every woman is going in for an abortion (or that it would be his business if they were) is beyond belief.
- People are donating to Planned Parenthood because of it. This might help you feel a little bit better about humanity: a lot of people who heard about Jordan’s actions have decided to donate some cash to Planned Parenthood to help them continue to operate. It’s actually pretty heartening, though it would make me feel even better if they locked this guy up or at least gave him a restraining order!