Farting is probably the last thing that comes to mind when you think of potential aphrodisiacs, and that’s probably because no one in their right mind could possibly find the loud, stinky outbursts to be sexy, right? Well, not necessarily.
- While most people would agree that flatulence is not hot… A new study has proven that some people are turned on by their partners’ farts. Yes, seriously.
- Yes, this is serious. A survey performed by Seniorliving.com discovered that a whopping 11% of men (and a much lower yet still questionable 3% of women) find their partners’ farts to be attractive. What about it is attractive and why on earth they feel that way wasn’t explained, so I guess we’ll have to take that at face value.
- The survey also discovered some other interesting facts about passing gas… Including that men tend to wait roughly 6.5 months before breaking wind in front of their partners while women hold it in for so much longer, waiting an average of 1.3 years! WTF? When it comes to pooping at a partner’s place, guys dropped a deuce after an average of 4.5 months while again, women were much more shy about their number twos and held it in for an average of 9.4 months. Go figure.
- It’s not really a big deal, right? While it makes sense that you don’t want to be super gross around someone you actually want to want to have sex with you, it’s also important for women in particular to realize that it’s perfectly natural and holding it in could actually harm your health in the long run. As the survey puts it, “Even though people will sometimes go to great lengths to avoid making an embarrassing sound or smell in front of someone they love, there’s no escaping a simple reality: Everyone farts, and everyone poops.”
- You heard them, ladies—let it out! You never know, you might just end up with a guy who’s really into it.