Why is it that so many guys can’t (or refuse to) make plans with the women they talk to on dating apps? We’re talking guys who not only cancel or reschedule like it’s their job, but hem and haw so much that the plan never, ever materializes. Listen up, guys — this is for you:
- You make zero sense. Let’s just be real here. You’re on an online dating website or app and yet when a girl makes the first move or even when you ask her out, you still can’t actually make a plan. What did you think was going to happen? You’re supposedly putting yourself out there and suggesting to the world that you’re single and available for first dates.
- You need to get over yourself. Making plans is a pretty important part of life, whether we’re talking about meetings with your coworkers or drinks with your friends. You need to plan to see anyone, not only potential romantic partners. So get over yourself and stop messing around.
- You’ll be single forever. If you want to wave goodbye to your solo status, then you need to leave your house and go on a date. Yup. Sorry to burst your bubble.
- You’re making things complicated. You have a girl ready to go out with you and she could be the most amazing girlfriend you’ve ever had, and you can’t decide if you’re actually free this weekend. Why are you making everything more complicated than it has to be? You’re free or you’re not – it’s actually pretty simple.
- You’re not relationship material. You may think you’re the coolest person ever but if you can’t even make a plan for drinks then you’re probably not going to make a very good boyfriend.
- You seem afraid. Getting all weird when the prospect of actually going on a date comes up makes you seem like you’re terrified of meeting people and just cant leave your apartment. Being a homebody is cool and all but not if you never date.
- You could ghost us. If you’re cool with being shady about meeting up for dinner or drinks then who’s to say you wouldn’t just ghost after the first date?
- You’re not that important. People who claim to be way too busy to schedule something in the calendar seem to think they’re super famous celebs and yet that couldn’t be further from the truth. You’re never as important as you think you are.
- Flakes are so last year. Let’s make 2016 the year that we never deal with flakey people. If we see that you’re not into making an actual plan, we’ll just stop talking to you. Problem solved.