Staff at Gwyneth Paltrow’s Goop business apparently had to smell the founder’s actual lady bits in preparation for making her This Smells Like My Vagina candle. While that sounds like a malpractice suit waiting to happen, the news comes enthusiastically from Goop’s Chief Design & Merchandising Officer Shaun Kearney who thought it was totally cool!
- This candle was selling like hotcakes. The first few releases of Gwyneth’s candle sold out pretty much immediately, and while I’m sure some of the purchases were from creepsters who legit wanted to get closer to the actress, I imagine the others were from people who have a sense of morbid curiosity about the thing. Either way, it’s been a runaway success.
- So wait, what’s this about smelling Gwyneth’s junk? As Kearney explained in an interview with Closer, the whole staff partook in this exercise. “For the Goop team, smelling Gwyneth’s vagina became just another days at the office. She’s the ultimate embodiment of the brand, and that means ensuring its authenticity with the products,” he explained. Huh.
- How exactly did that happen? While Kearney didn’t go into how exactly the staff was able to sample the boss’s delicacy, one does have to wonder how it went down, so to speak. Did she like… you know what, I’m not even going to go there.
- It’s a very free office at Goop, apparently. Kearney also said in the interview that staff like to test out sex toys during work hours, adding, “You will find staff sitting at their desk with a bunch of needles in their face or wearing a necklace vibrator while discussing which sex toys gave them the best orgasm that weekend. It’s the most hilariously wonderful and nuts environment.” I’m not sure if that’s my style of work environment, but to each their own!
- If you actually want to buy this candle, it’s still available. Grab it from the Goop shop if you dare.