While Harry Potter mostly grew up with the Dursleys in Little Whinging, when his parents were alive, the family lived together in Godric’s Hollow. We got to see their home here and there in the movies, and now it’s possible to stay in the actual house since it’s been turned into an Airbnb.
- Godric’s Hollow is actually the medieval English village of Lavenham. Located in the county of Suffolk, the Airbnb is located in a village with over 300 protected buildings and still boasts a 15th-century church, medieval cottages that are half-timbered, and circular walks. You’ll likely recognize a lot of the village from the Harry Potter movies, which is super exciting.
- The Potter family home is De Vere House. Instead of a hotel, the property is a Five Star bed and breakfast that was temporarily closed but is now re-opening via Airbnb. You don’t be renting out the whole place, but rather one of the two bedrooms, though you’ll have your own private en-suite bathroom, so no need to share.
- It has all the modern conveniences you need. Not only does the room come with TV and WiFi, but you also have a private sitting area with a log fire and you’ll get a full English breakfast in the downstairs dining room. Plus, since you’re located in the center of the village, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to walk around and do some sight-seeing.
- You’ll need to stay two nights. Your booking will allow you and one guest to stay in the house where Voldemort killed Harry’s parents (morbid, but you know you want to) AND ensure you get a hot, hearty meal in the morning. The cost is £254, or about $325, including cleaning fees. Not bad considering all you’re getting and the amazing location.
- It’s booking up fast, so you’ll have to be quick. Unsurprisingly, the opportunity to visit such a significant location in the Harry Potter universe is going over well, and people are flocking to stay in the real-life Godric’s Hollow Airbnb. Check the dates the place is available on the website and get your trip planned ASAP!