With Daniel Craig already having filmed his final appearance as James Bond in the popular franchise, it’s time to look forward to the future to a new incarnation of the character. Many actors’ names have been thrown into the ring, from Idris Elba (my personal favorite) to Tom Hardy to… Harry Styles? Hey, it could happen, I guess.
- Harry Styles has branched out into acting… While many still remember him as the cutest member of One Direction, since leaving the band, he’s not only released an incredibly successful solo album but he’s also taken on some acting roles in Dunkirk and the upcoming movie Don’t Worry, Darling. So theoretically, Harry Styles could play James Bond.
- He’s allegedly met with Bond bosses about the role. Rumor on the street is that Styles is in the running for the iconic role of James Bond as he’s already met with film big wigs about it, which led bookies to slash the betting odds on him from 100/1 to 25/1. Still not very convincing, but again, not entirely impossible.
- Some people think he’d be perfect for the role. As a “source” told The Sun (i.e. an intern told to make up a quote that sounds vaguely believable), “Harry is deadly serious. He has had a series of high-level meetings about becoming 007. Harry believes he is the final two. Harry is a new age British man… he’s confident in his own skin and making him Bond would signal the franchise-changing with the times.”
- His rep says it’s a no-go. A rep for Harry Styles told Mail Online that reports the singer would become the next James Bond were “not even remotely true.” Of course, if the deal hasn’t been signed on the dotted line yet and the news is under embargo, it makes sense that they would deny it… Just sayin’.
- Chances are, this probably won’t happen. And as much as I enjoy Harry Styles, I have to say that’s probably a good thing.