If you’re single but want to find real, lasting love, you have to be patient — really, really patient. If you can master the art of waiting for the right time and the right guy, you just might find yourself with Mr. Right in the end.
- You’re always waiting for something, anyway. You sent out a bunch of online messages and now you’re just waiting for replies. You asked someone out and are waiting to make the plan. You’re basically in a constant state of waiting and without patience, you’re going to lose it.
- You never know when your life is going to change. You could go on Tinder tonight and talk to an amazing guy that’s still amazing in person (what a concept). Your friend could throw a birthday party next month where you met someone you have a million things in common with. Your life could change anytime, anywhere, and while that’s definitely exciting, it takes a lot of patience.
- You need to keep your cool. In good times and bad, when you’re on the best date in months and when you’re making an exit plan, you can’t just freak out, no matter how much you want to. You have to stay cool and calm and polite so you don’t look crazy.
- No one will text you fast enough. Just a truth of the universe. You’ll always be staring at your phone, wondering why it’s not lighting up, and wondering what’s taking this guy so long to reply. Might as well settle in for the wait instead of getting all bent out of shape.
- Dating is a guessing game. Even if you go on an awesome first date and end up with that person, you still have some doubts about whether things are going to work out. It’s just human nature. If you have zero patience to deal with the perpetual guessing game that is dating, you should probably stay home.
- You have to take it one day at a time. If you start spiraling about why you’re still single and how long it’s taking to meet someone, you’re going to have a nervous breakdown. Stop the spiral and just focus on today.
- Love doesn’t happen overnight. You can’t suddenly become attached in an evening, and even if you meet someone awesome, it’s still going to be a while before you feel secure itself to call it love.
- You can’t drive yourself crazy. If you’re a seriously impatient person and worry that every little aspect of your dating life is taking forever, from setting up dates to hearing from a guy post-first date, that’s just going to seriously stress you out. Your mental health will suffer and that’s not good for anyone.
- You can’t rush connections. Even if you arrive at your date and think, “OK, this person is 100 percent for me,” you still need some time to build a bond and feel a connection. You can’t rush anything about your journey, so you might as well settle in for the ride.