Sadly, I’m one of those people who is forever cold once the temp dips below 70, which is insane because I hate hot weather and much prefer autumn/winter. Nevertheless, I’m constantly cozied up in hoodies with my hot water bottles (yes, I own multiple), and now I even have this amazing heated car blanket for when I’m driving.
Read on to find out more about the blanket and where to get it (spoiler: it’s an Amazon buy!), and please be aware that Bolde may make a small percentage of any sale completed via links we provide, which we then use to continue bringing you great content.
- It plugs into your car’s cigarette lighter. And it’s not just for cars — trucks and RVs with a cigarette lighter built in (which is all of them, right?) can plug this 12 volt heated blanket in and get warm in no time. It does take a couple of minutes to heat up, but you could just plug it in while waiting for your windows to defrost and by the time that’s done, it’s game on!
- The cord is long enough for the blanket to be used in the back seat. If you’re fine with just the car’s heating but you have friends, partners, parents, or little ones who ride in the back seat and really feel the cold temps, the cord for the heated blanket will reach all the way to the back of your car so they can use it too.
- It’s thin but powerful. This isn’t a big heavy blanket that’s unwieldy and tough to store. It’s actually deceptively thin, but the wiring inside the blanket makes sure it can still conduct some serious heat. When you’re done with it, just fold it up and pop it in your back seat or the trunk of your car and it’s there when you need it again.
- It comes in a variety of colors. In addition to black and white checked pattern, there’s also a black and red checked pattern heated car blanket as well as a green and black check, an orange and brownish check, and a solid navy. Basically, there’s something for everyone.
- For less than $20, it’s a total steal. It’s probably the best 20 bucks I’ve ever spent. My legs are finally warm when I’m driving in the winter months and I get to feel nice and cozy even when I’m on the road. Win-win.