Relationships are complicated, and things don’t always go smoothly. While forming a long-term partnership with another human being can be complicated and require compromise, there’s one thing that should never be up for grabs: your trust. Being cheated on is one of the most hurtful experiences you can have, mostly because it’s completely preventable… if you’re not a loser.
- It’s never “an accident”. Your penis doesn’t magically insert itself in another woman’s vagina by mistake. It’s a choice, and making it makes you a total jerk.
- It destroys your partner’s future relationships. When you destroy someone by violating their trust in such a serious way, you’re pretty much guaranteeing it’s going to be an issue in all of her relationships for the rest of her life.
- It’s cowardly. You could, you know, do the decent thing and end the relationship you’re in before you begin a new one, but you’re choosing not to because, what? It’s too hard? Get a grip.
- It’s selfish. You feel like being dishonest and having sex with multiple women, so you totally should, right? I mean, who cares what anyone else wants – you’re always number one!
- It proves you can’t handle commitment. Let me guess: you got freaked out at the thought of never having sex with another woman again in your life, and in your state of panic, you just had to see what else was out there.
- It forces you to live a double life. If you’re cheating on your wife/girlfriend/partner/whatever, there’s obviously some deception going on in order to keep the whole thing a secret. You’ll lie about where you are, who you’re talking to, what you’re doing and everything in between. How do you sleep at night?
- How narcissistic can you get? There’s just too much of your wonderful self to give it all to just one woman. I mean, why not share the wealth? Men like you don’t come around often, after all. (Thank God for that.)
- You’ll probably end up doing it again… and again. The phrase “once a cheater, always a cheater” exists for a reason. If you’re enough of a loser to justify being unfaithful once, you’ll likely make it a repeat experience.