You used to be all over each other, attached at the hip and completely inseparable. However, lately it’s felt like he’d rather be anywhere but with you and when you are together, he’s mentally somewhere else. Sadly, it seems like the guy is losing interest through no fault of your own. If you want to get it back, you need to act now. Here are a few things you can do to reignite the passion between you.
- Remind him why he fell for you in the first place. When you first got together, there was a spark that made you go crazy for each other. What was life like for you both then? What were you like? It’s natural to get comfortable in a relationship, but sometimes it can go too far and we can forget that we need to make an effort to keep things not just alive but thriving. If you think the guy is losing interest, remind him why he’s with you in the first place. Maybe plan a date that you used to like to go on or wear your hair a certain way that he complimented you on when you first met. Show him the fun-loving, passionate, amazing partner you are and he won’t be able to resist you.
- Do something spontaneous. Life can get very mundane at times. After all, we have to work, pay bills, and fulfill other adult responsibilities that aren’t all that exciting, but that doesn’t mean you can’t keep things in your relationship interesting. Take him by surprise by planning a spontaneous vacation or even making him a dish he’s always wanted to try but has never been able to. Bringing a sense of adventure back to your relationship when things get boring can go a long way in getting a guy’s interest back when you notice he’s losing it.
- Have a frank conversation with him. You’re both mature adults so you should be able to have tough conversations. If you feel like he’s losing interest and you don’t know why, ask him about it. If he’s a good partner with solid communication skills, he’ll be able to speak to you about what’s on his mind and in his heart. If there’s something either of you could be doing to fix things and you want to keep your relationship going, this is a good place to start brainstorming some solutions.
- Give him a bit of space. If you notice a guy is losing interest in you, the worst thing you can do is start being clingy. This is just going to make him feel annoyed, suffocated, and likely drive him even further away from you. Instead, give him space to sort out his head. This has the added bonus of giving him a chance to miss you and realize just how much you bring to his life.
- Go out and live your best life. At the end of the day, there are two people in a relationship and it’s not all down to you to keep things going. If his interest in you is waning when you’ve done nothing at all to precipitate it, maybe it’s not going to work out in the end. However, in the meantime, don’t stop living your life away from him because that matters too. Weirdly enough, seeing how self-sufficient you are and how unphased you are by his change of behavior just might have the effect of drawing his attention back to you. Guys are weird, man.