Look, Crocs aren’t the most fashionable footwear, but they are incredibly practical. Whether you work all day in a restaurant kitchen, as a nurse at a hospital, or any other job where you have to be on your feet pretty much the entire time, they can really save your feet. However, making a high-heeled version of Crocs is just insanity!
- Yes, they really exist. I’m not sure who decided that Crocs, which are primarily designed for comfort for people in physically taxing jobs, needed a high-heeled version, but here we are. They look pretty much like the regular flats, just… heeled. It’s extremely weird and unsettling.
- They’re trying to class things up, but I’m not sure. While they do look a bit dressier than regular Crocs just by virtue of being heels, high-heeled Crocs, which are sold under the model Cyprus V, fall short of being truly elegant because they still have that rubbery/plastic look that just looks… kinda cheap to me, which is weird because…
- They’re not even cheap! High-heeled Crocs are being sold on Amazon for between $40 and $80 a pair depending on color and size needed, which is just insane to me. Surely these shouldn’t be able to be sold for more than $20? I feel like I’m taking crazy pills!
- Incidentally, they do have really high ratings… There are more than 300 reviews on Amazon for these high-heeled Crocs and pretty much all of them are 5-star. People really love these things and can’t stop gushing about how comfortable they are, how many compliments they receive while wearing them, and how glad the owners are that they haven’t had to sacrifice fashion for comfort. (I mean…)
- That being said, they do serve a purpose. Many of the people who love high-heeled Crocs feel so strongly because the heels allow them to wear something a little dressier despite having chronic foot conditions like plantar fasciitis and arthritis.
- The one downside? They squeak. At least according to one reviewer, who says everyone in her office can hear her walking around. Not the biggest problem in the world, but it’s worth noting. If you want your own high-heeled Crocs, you can get them here on Amazon.