Is there any better Halloween movie than Hocus Pocus? I mean, I know there aren’t a ton in general, but nevertheless, that one is up there. There’s nothing I love more than catching up with the Sanderson sisters every year, which is why buying the new Hocus Pocus board game* was a total no-brainer. After all, it’s never too early to prep for October 31st!
- Game company Ravensburger is behind the Hocus Pocus goodness. The concept of the game allows you to get involved in the movie’s plot in a whole new way. “Players work together to protect Salem’s children and stop the Sanderson sisters from completing their wicked potion before the sun rises,” reads the description. Sign me up!
- It sounds like so much fun. Winifred, Mary, and Sarah cast spells throughout the game which can throw you off and impede your progress. In the meantime, you get to mix potions in the cauldron as well as call on the likes of Billy Butcherson and Binx to help you out. There are even a number of tricks like the Burning Rain of Death to call on. Anything to stop the Sanderson Sisters from enacting their wicked plans!
- There are plenty of references to the film too. As you’d expect from a Hocus Pocus board game, there are loads of callbacks to the movie and fun references. The game comes with “a cauldron board, 50 Ingredient cards, a Witch board, 13 Spell cards, a Sun token, 4 trick tokens, a rulebook, and one black cat Binx meeple.” Not only that, but even the box it comes with is shaped like a spellbook!
- The Hocus Pocus board game will be released on July 26. That may seem a bit early, but October isn’t so far away. You can get yours on pre-order on Amazon now so you’re all ready for release day. Seriously, can you imagine anything better?
* Bolde uses affiliate links and may make a small profit from any sales completed via links we provide, which we then use to continue bringing you great content. As a small business, we appreciate your support!