It’s always been one of my biggest dreams to go to Japan during cherry blossom season so I could bask in the beauty of those incredible pink flowers. I haven’t made it there yet and am not quite sure when I will, but I feel a little better knowing that Home Depot is selling cherry blossom trees* that you can plant in your own back yard to transport you to the other side of the world when you can’t actually get there yet.
- There are several varieties to choose from. Home Depot is spoiling us for choice with their collection of cherry blossom trees. You can buy Kwanzan cherry blossom trees, the Shirofugen variety, Accolade, Yoshino, Mt. Fuji… the list goes on and on. If you have a back yard or outdoor space that’s big enough, you could seriously turn it into a gloriously Japanese garden!
- They’re less than $40! That’s a total steal since we’re talking about an actual tree that could live hundreds of years here. Home Depot is offering each variety of cherry blossom tree for $38.88. That’s less than $40 for something so beautiful that will bring years of happiness to you and even future generations, and that’s pretty cool.
- Sadly, this isn’t a full tree. As you can imagine, it would be impossible to buy a fully grown cherry blossom tree, so these are actually bare roots, meaning you’ll need to plant them yourself and tend to them as they grow. As long as they’re planted in fertile soil and get at least six hours of good quality sunlight a day, you’re golden!
- Watching it grow is half the fun. If well-cared for, your cherry blossom tree will grow anywhere between 15-25 feet high, The Spruce reports, and at a rate of 1-2 feet of growth per year, you’re looking at a decade or more of watching your baby tree become a big one. Totally worth it! You can order your cherry blossom trees on the Home Depot website HERE or by clicking the links to the individual variety above.
* Bolde uses affiliate links and may make a small profit from any sales completed via links we provide, which we then use to continue bringing you great content. As a small business, we appreciate your support!