I consider myself really fortunate to have a back yard where I can sit out in the sun and get some fresh air while this lockdown is still active. I often find myself fantasizing about turning my yard into a lush Japanese garden full of beautiful trees and flowers that transport me to another world. Well, now I can, and so can you because Home Depot is selling wisteria trees* that can be planted and grown at home.
- How beautiful are these?! Wisteria trees has blooms that are purple, pink, blue, and white and come out every spring. In fact, Japan is famed for its wisteria gardens, but since it’s not possible to get there this year to see them, growing your own might be a good alternative.
- Home Depot has done a bit of the hard work for you. The wisteria tree roots you’ll be buying from Home Depot are two years old, meaning some of that preliminary growing has been done for you. You’ll be planting roots that range from 12 to 18 inches in height, but it won’t be long before they get even bigger.
- They grow up to 10 feet every year. Wisteria trees are described as “vigorous growers” because they can shoot up at a rate of about 10 feet annually, which is pretty great. Give it a few years and you’ll be seeing blooms in no time. (Well, maybe in time for next spring.)
- Wisteria trees need a LOT of sunlight. The most important growing condition for the trees is that they get at least 6 hours of sunlight every day. As long as your soil is well-drained, there are no other major conditions the tree will need to thrive. However, it’s important to keep in mind that if you plant one near a fence, the tree will cling to it as it grows…
- These things get big, so if you’re getting more than one, be careful. If you decide you want more than one wisteria tree in your back yard, make sure you plant them 15-20 feet apart so that they have adequate room to grow. It’s that simple.
- Get yours on the Home Depot website. The roots sell for $24.91, which is a pretty good price for something so beautiful, I would say. You can get yours HERE. They’d go great with some cherry blossom trees too, don’t you think?
* Bolde uses affiliate links and may make a small profit from any sale completed via links we provide, which we then use to continue bringing you great content. As a small business, we appreciate your support.