When a long-term relationship ends, one of the things that makes it so hard to move on is all the memories they’ve left behind, particularly in picture form. Well, now you can rid yourself of their stank energy and get free food by taking part in the annual Shred Your Ex event at Hooters this Valentine’s Day.
- It’s a tried and true tradition. Hooters has been throwing the Shred Your Ex event every February 14 for several years now and it’s understandably incredibly popular. After all, who wouldn’t want to get rid of bad memories (i.e. the photo of your ex) while also getting free wings? It seems like a no-brainer to me.
- So how does it work? It’s really simple. You go into any Hooters location on Valentine’s Day with a pic of your ex. Order 10 wings and enjoy them, rip up a photo of your ex in front of a member of staff, and get an additional 10 boneless wings free. It’s so simple yet so genius. It seems like every restaurant in the franchise is taking part of the Shred Your Ex program, so it doesn’t matter where you live.
- Unfortunately, you can only ever get 10 wings free. You might have a string of terrible exes and by all means, bring photos of each of them in and shred to your heart’s content. However, the Hooters Shred Your Ex offer is limited to 10 free wings per person rather than 10 free boneless wings per ex, so you’ll have to settle for the catharsis of getting rid of each additional jerk in your past.
- You can even shred exes online. If you’d like, you can begin the process of digitally shredding your exes on the Hooters Shred Your Ex website. Once you’re finished, you’ll be sent a coupon that you can then redeem in-store with the same offer: 10 free boneless wings when you buy 10.
- Shred ’em and forget ’em. The Shred Your Ex slogan is one we can all subscribe to. Why hold onto the negativity of terrible exes? Put ’em through the shredder and move on with your day – with a belly full of wings!