If you’re the type of person who enjoys letting the day’s stress and annoyances melt away in a nice, hot bath before bed, I feel you. I like pouring in some bubbles, turning the lights off, and just chilling out. A Twitter user named Dakota, however, took a different approach: she bathed in $150 worth of Flamin’ Hot Cheetos and lived to tell the tale.
omg so needed after this stressful day 😫 pic.twitter.com/n6Q2zxmFwP
— een even got no ham on hea (@sp00kynugget) February 16, 2020
- It wasn’t immediately clear what was in the bath. Some people thought maybe she was bathing in raw ground beef, but the fluorescent orange color originally gave it away. In the video posted to her Twitter page, Dakota can be seen lounging and relaxing in her Hot Cheeto bath while enjoying a delicious drink. Luxurious! “OMG so needed this after a stressful day,” she captured the clip. LOL!
- She thought it would be a laugh. Dakota, who lives in Chandler, Arizona and tweets under the username @sp00kynugget, was inspired by a friend to fill her bath with $150 worth of Flamin’ Hot Cheetos and have a luxurious soak. “Honestly, my friend Bryan is a content creator and he hit me up one day and was like ‘how funny would it be if we took a hot Cheeto bath’ and so then I was like ‘f**k it’,” she told Unilad. “And we definitely got a lot of looks from people because it filled more than one cart and we cleared the store out. They just laughed and seemed very concerned!”
- The clip immediately went viral. While Dakota only has a little over 3,000 followers on Twitter, the video of her savory bath has garnered nearly 9,000 comments, 20,000 retweets, and 95,000 likes. While Dakota has had some negative feedback, she still insists that she did this for the lolz, NOT the Twitter fame. “The Cheeto tub was initially for my friend’s YouTube video and I had just taken the three-second video totally as a quick little joke, expecting little to none of my 300 followers to care,” she explained. “I went to bed with 200 views when I posted it and woke up to over 300,000 and it just kept growing. “The reaction has been mostly jokes and negative comments, however although a lot of people have stuff to say, many have reached out and have been very kind in my messages. I don’t take any of this too seriously, it’s all in fun and never that deep.”
- Don’t worry, she didn’t get a yeast infection. While many viewers were rightfully concerned that taking a bath in Flamin’ Hot Cheetos might cause issues in a lady’s nether regions, Dakota said she took precautions and she’s in the clear. “I was totally fine after the video! I was in there for literally no time, and wore layers to protect myself from potentially having irritation!” she said. “Most of the comments have been like ‘Omg she must be burning!!’, ‘YEAST’, etc. but I was perfectly fine and had no issues at all with my skin and body. I hopped straight into the shower to clean off after the couple second video.”
- Her Twitter fame might pay for a breast enhancement. Dakota admitted that while it wasn’t her initial intention, the fact that her video has gone viral might have an added bonus of helping her afford a boob job. “Lots of people think I tried to get viral so I could get a boob job but the truth is I never intended to get viral in the first place,” she said. “However, I saw an opportunity to where I’m reaching out to a lot of people and took it. I’ve had many kind people donate to the cause and bring me closer to getting it done!” Get it, girl!