You’re trying to be responsible and do your part in slowing the spread of illness by self-isolating, but it’s getting old. You miss your friends and texting just isn’t cutting it. So what do you do? Download Houseparty, the app that lets you have a virtual hangout with a bunch of your pals at once and it’s totally free.
The gals & I did virtual happy hour tonight and it was wonderful in light of everything that’s going on right now. Nice to just chat with friends & enjoy a beverage. Highly recommend the HouseParty app if people want to video chat with multiple people at once. pic.twitter.com/Pkq48ItlDk
— Katie Zawislak (@its_zuhwizlack) March 19, 2020
- Houseparty has been around since 2016. The livestreaming app has been around for four years now and has done pretty well in that time, but according to Unilad, searches for “Houseparty” are up a whopping 300% in the US thanks to everyone being quarantined. No doubt they’re seeing an incredible surge in traffic now, which makes a lot of sense.
- A virtual drinking session is better than doing it alone. Billed as a face-to-face social network, Hangout is an app that allows you and a bunch of friends to get on live simultaneous video chats and have an awesome hangout. Why not crack open a bottle of wine with your BFFs while chatting away? Best idea ever!
- This is how you beat the quarantine blues. It can be really lonely when you’re stuck indoors without other people’s company. While video chatting isn’t really the same thing as face-to-face time, the Houseparty app goes a long way in making you feel a little bit closer to the people you love even when you have to be far apart.
- You can even play quizzes and games. Don’t worry that you’re going to get bored and run out of things to talk about. Houseparty has quizzes and games built-in that you and all your friends can play together, which is pretty fun. The games can be played simultaneously while you chat, which makes them even more entertaining.
- It’s available on multiple platforms. You can download the Houseparty app on iOS, Android, Mac, or even use it in Google Chrome. For more information on how to get started, check out the Houseparty website.
Used the Houseparty app for a neighbours knees up last night. It’s great and easy to use. You can play games and quizzes on it. Connected with folk in Berlin, Barcelona and Bogotá. Gonna start linking up with folk I’ve lost touch with over the past busy years 2/2 pic.twitter.com/YGPc3xybfP
— Donna Taberer (@DonnaTaberer) March 22, 2020
For a few hours last night I forgot the crazy times we are in and combatted social distancing with this brilliant App #HouseParty. I urge friends and family to get it. #StayHomeSaveLives pic.twitter.com/wb4rchLf9A
— Karen Webb (@karenwebb05) March 21, 2020