Gone are the days when the majority of interactions you have with a guy (or anyone, really) happened face-to-face. Most conversations start via text, and mastering this mode of communication is vital for your relationship. Sadly, a ton of guys are terrible at it – or they simply choose not to do it well. However, when a man likes you, he’ll text differently in some pretty big ways that make the whole thing a lot less frustrating and way more fun.
- They don’t wait hours to respond to you or leave you on read. When guys like someone, they don’t leave their texts on read for hours or even days. This means that if the one you’ve been talking to answers you in a timely manner and never leaves you hanging for a response, he probably likes you a whole lot. Otherwise, he wouldn’t bother to make your text a priority.
- They ask questions to keep the conversation going. He asks follow-up questions to the stories you tell him to get more info and wants to dig deeper to get as much information as possible. Guys don’t necessarily love to text, but if yours makes it clear that he’s happy to keep chatting and has more to say/wants you to say more, that’s a pretty good sign.
- They give you more than one-word answers. There’s nothing more frustrating about the way guys text than the fact that you can send them a wall of text that clearly deserves a decent response but you just get a “k” or “lol” instead. What the hell is up with that? However, if he gives you fully thought-out answers, there’s a pretty good chance that he really likes you.
- They use emojis and don’t mind when you do. Guys don’t tend to be all that keen on emoji usage via text—they’d rather you just use your words instead. That means if he seems genuinely amused by your usage of them or even uses some himself, there’s a big chance that he’s got feelings for you or his interest is piqued, at the very least.
- They text you first as often as you text them. You shouldn’t have to start every conversation—if he’s interested in you, he should want to chat with you as much as you want to chat to him. That means he should reach out to you sometimes instead of leaving you to do all the work. If this is happening, congrats—he’s definitely into you.