Whether you want everyone you meet to think you’re pretty special, you want your exes to regret losing you, or you just want to be a force to be reckoned with, here’s how you can become an unforgettable woman. Chances are, you already have all the qualities you need inside you. You just need to let them shine.
- Have a natural zest for life. The world is a tough place to live in and it tends to make people negative and cynical, so it can be refreshing to substitute that with a positive and optimistic attitude. When you have an unquenchable thirst for life and choose to see the good in everything, people usually find that hard to ignore. They’ll take notice and will always remember you because of it.
- Practicing genuine kindness. Having a warm heart and being kind to others makes you a woman people can’t help but think about because they see you impacting lives. Sometimes your generosity and thoughtfulness may be taken for granted, but most of the time you’ll end up improving someone’s day or life. You don’t have to save the world or bleed your heart dry, but showering the people you love and strangers with sincere kindness will always make them remember you.
- Be independent. Women who know their worth and who fearlessly stake their claim on the world are incredible. The mark of an unforgettable woman is being able to shoulder your own struggles without waiting for a man to swoop in and save the day. It’s being able to live loudly and proudly on your own terms. Finding love, joy, and satisfaction within yourself first and foremost.
- Establish meaningful connections. Have you ever met someone that you were able to hit things off with easily? When you get to know them for a few minutes, it feels like you’ve known them forever. The ability to forge meaningful connections with the people you come across is one way to make yourself really hard to forget. Don’t be the woman who builds her life around every romantic relationship and has to tear it down when it ends. Have a close network of friends, family, and coworkers that you can share aspects of your life with.
- Be resilient and persistent. It’s difficult to forget a woman who doesn’t let anything keep her down for long. She doesn’t throw up her hands and call it quits just because something isn’t going her way. Whatever challenges that work or personal life throws at her, she catches and turns around. She’s the type of woman who fights hard for the people she cares about. If she’s in your corner, she’ll never let you give up on yourself.
- Be passionate about something. One of the things that draws us to people is their passion. It could be about anything: work, politics, literature, knowledge, charity, or even food. When you exude passion, you come off as confident, caring, and full of infectious energy. I didn’t really care about tech until I met someone who loved the industry. Hearing him talk passionately about it would fill me with so much joy and interest, and I found myself always looking forward to the next time I’d see him.
- Be honest and great at communicating. If you’re the kind of person who tends to lie a lot or can’t communicate a feeling to save your life, you’re not going to leave an impression. In fact, people will be happy to forget who you are. Being able to communicate clearly and tactfully will endear you to lots of people because it’s a rare skill. Don’t be afraid to speak up, say your mind, or ask for what you want.
- Radiate grace. How you carry yourself is important and will inform how people see and think of you. Think about some of the unforgettable women you know, have read about, or seen on TV. What qualities make them so admirable? Try to imbibe some of them into your own life. Let people wonder what it is that makes you walk around like you own the world.
- Be selfless. Most of us are hardwired to look out for number one and only do things for others when it’s going to benefit us in some way. Screw that. Be more selfless in love and friendships. Show people how much you care without expecting anything in return. Be selfless in acts of kindness, in gifting, in words, in thoughts, in showing up for the people you care about. No one in their right mind would be able to forget you.
Signs a guy sees you as an unforgettable woman
While you’re not your best self for the sake of any man, it’s always nice when the guy you’re dating notices just how special you are. Here are some signs he gets it.
- He contacts you first. Whatever his true intentions are if he reaches out it’s because you were on his mind. Men are naturally wired to be the ones to pursue, but sometimes shyness and uncertainty can get in the way. If he initiates contact, he either is confident enough to talk to someone he’s interested in, or he mustered the bravery to shoot his shot. Either way, he wants to talk to you, which is a good sign.
- He rearranges his plans for you. Some guys are stuck in their routines. An Aries or Scorpio male is likely to maintain a rigid gym routine. A Sagittarian could be off on some type of adventure. A Capricorn man is hard at work or has some side hustle. A Leo is busy being the life of some party or social scene. A male Taurean is either at his desk job, tending to family needs, or being a homebody. If these guys naturally run into you somewhere they’re already used to being, that’s one thing, but if they start making extra plans outside of the normal day-to-day, they are putting in the effort to incorporate you into their lives and want to be around you.
- He smiles when he’s talking to you. Body language often says more than words do. He may try to play it cool with what he says, but if he’s into you his face will show it. You may catch him staring at you a little longer than most would, but it’s definitely a good thing if he stays smiling when he talks to you. If you’re someone who brings peace and laughter to his day, he’s not going to want to lose you. Work, bills, and life, in general, can be tough and he’s not going to forget the girl who is a welcome break from it all.
- His feet face you. This is also another key form of body language to keep in mind. Apparently, people tend to keep their feet pointed in the direction of where they want to go. If you notice his body and feet positioned your way, then he’s not trying to go anywhere when you’re in his presence. Hopefully, if he’s who you want, too, then he doesn’t want to go anywhere forever.
- He listens with no limits. Most guys lean more toward being a doer than a talker. A love for gossip and chatting is more of a female trait. If he’s willing to listen to you ramble for hours, this is a sign that he likes talking to you specifically. The sound of your voice and knowing more about you is pleasant to him. That or he just wants to be around you in any way possible, so he’ll deal with being uncomfortable while you go on and on just to stay in your company.
- He opens up to you. Most men aren’t taught to be vulnerable with their emotions. Boys are told to deal with it or suck it up, so they just learn to stuff things in. He may be uncomfortable talking about his feelings or just not used to it in general. If he begins to share personal things with you, he feels comfortable with you. Most people can’t be trusted, so if he trusts you he will think of you when he needs someone to lean on. If he can depend on you, he will want to keep you and grow closer.
- He brings you around people he cares about. Men are more likely to have a smaller circle than women do. Since women are the more social beings, we tend to collect all types of acquaintances and cordial connections. Men stick to family and their “buddies.” They may only have one or two guys they really share with the most. Since guys usually maintain long-term friendships with the same crew, the men close to them know them well. That means they can tell you embarrassing stories about him or expose him if he’s dishonest. It also means he is adding you to a constant part of his life if he brings you around them. If he’s not serious with you, it would be easier to keep you away from people who are going to hold him accountable and ask about you if you stop coming around.
- He does things with you he normally wouldn’t do. If he’s willing to wear matching outfits and pose for photos or try a paint-and-sip class with you, it’s safe to safe he regards you highly. Most guys aren’t going to stray away from gaming and macho activities to do traditional couple activities unless he wants to impress you and make you happy. He probably wouldn’t want to admit he has a soft side for a casual fling. A keeper is going to break him out of his shell.