Want to be the girl the men fall for every time? Can you not figure out why that one girl seems to always get the guy? Spend less time being jealous and more time figuring out how to play the game. Here’s some tips on how to be more attractive to men.
- Flash a smile. According to a study done by the University of British Columbia, while many women see that broody, serious guy as the hottie, men actually find a smiling lady pretty hot. That doesn’t mean you need to smile all of the time. Actually, please don’t. (Super creepy, tbh.) However, allowing yourself to show joy and happiness is one of the most successful ways to be more attractive to guys. Here’s a good reminder to brush and floss before you go out on the prowl.
- Laugh until your rolling in the aisles. While you’re working on your smile, go ahead and let yourself laugh at a few jokes. Don’t force it, but laughing when a guy makes a decent joke is a key way to getting their attention. Remember, if he isn’t actually funny, don’t laugh just for the sake of laughing. Make him work for it!
- Let your confidence shine. Confidence attracts not only great opportunities at work and in life, but in potential dates, too. Being confident in yourself is a sexy trait, so don’t overestimate how it can work in your favor. Remember that confident doesn’t mean cocky; be assertive in your skills and good traits without bragging for hours about it.
- Travel with a group. By simply hanging out with your friends and having fun, guys are instantly more interested. That’s because the University of California found that being in a group makes people find you more attractive than when you’re solo. The most surprising part is that it’s because your face “averages out” with other faces, which makes you look sexier to men. Who knew? You do, right now.
- Add some red to your wardrobe. Seriously. Red is an attractive color and it has been proven to work. Called “The Red-Dress Effect“, Adam Pazda of the University of Rochester found that males are more attracted to females wearing red because it signals openness for sexual advances. If you don’t own at least one red piece in your wardrobe, it’s time to find your signature piece. You can also sport a bold red lip with your outfit if you’re anxious about wearing red clothes. Remember that there are many shades of red, so if one isn’t a good fit, there’s many more to try.
More ways to be more attractive to men
- Find your unique style. Don’t dress how you think men want you to dress. Find what makes you feel the sexiest and most confident in yourself. If you feel sexy, you’ll send that signal to men looking for a woman like you. If you think your legs are the hottest part of you, show them off! Apply the same logic to other parts of the body and potential dates will follow. You also don’t need to break the bank to get a kick*ss wardrobe, so don’t let that stop you.
- Find a beauty routine that suits you. This includes hair, skin, and makeup. Some men like a “natural” look for women. Others like their women dolled up with bold makeup looks. Find a style that highlights the best parts of your face. For example, if you think your eyes are your best feature, try some eye makeup that highlights your eyes. Don’t be afraid to experiment until you find the right look for you. You should also work on finding a haircut that suits your face shape. If you want longer hair, try some hair extensions. If you’re wondering if you’d look better with short hair, try a wig before making a drastic change.
- Take care of yourself. Taking care of yourself means that you feel better and others find you more attractive. Load up on nutritious foods, drink lots of water, and exercise. The better you feel, the better you’ll look. Pair that with a good hygiene routine and you have a winning combo. Being a slob who doesn’t shower isn’t exactly the kind of woman to get a man.
- Master the art of conversation. Don’t always leave it up to men to flirt! Don’t forget that you are just as capable of talking to a man as they are to you. It doesn’t have to be hot and heavy immediately, either. Start with something simple, something you’re passionate about, and you’d be surprised at how much more attractive you’ll be to men (and women!). A survey of 2,000 adults released by Plenty of Fish found that 87% of people find someone sexier after having a good conversation. As David Bennett, a relationship expert and author of Be Popular Now: How Any Man Can Become Confident, Attractive, and Successful (And Have Fun Doing It), explains: “Conversation is very important on a date because it establishes how interesting and exciting a person is — traits that most people find attractive.”
- Make the first move. Bold women are attractive to many men. Making the first move, whether that’s a touch of the arm or asking him for his number, is sexy AF. Why wait around for a man to find you attractive when you can do it yourself? Who knows, it could be the start of magnetic attraction. But if it’s obvious that he’s not into it, don’t push it. You don’t want to be a creep.