Whether you’ve been best friends since kindergarten or you’ve only just met, it’s important to continue to grow and solidify your friendship. After all, your girls are the ones who are there for you through thick and thin, so put some extra time and effort into maintaining your connection. Need some suggestions on how to do it? Here are just a few:
- Work the pole together.Discount sites like Living Social and Groupon offer deals on a bunch of weird and interesting activities you probably never would have considered on your own. Why not take a pole dancing class, learn how to fly the trapeze at circus school, or attempt stand-up paddle-boarding with your BFFs? That way you can reminisce for years to come about that time your friend that fell off her paddle-board fully dressed.
- Sweat together, stay together.Working out is an immediate way to grow closer to a friend. There’s nothing like the mutual hatred of a trainer pushing you to the limits of bonding in the best possible way. If classes aren’t your thing, even just taking regular walks will give you an opportunity to spend time together while getting in some much needed exercise.
- SHOTS, SHOTS, SHOTS.It’s usually not the most attractive bonding experience, but having a wild night on the town inevitably ends up with someone’s head over the toilet and memories you talk about for months, if not years, after. If you’ve got a friend that’s willing to hold your hair, hang on to her — that’s something special.
- Take a road trip.Sitting in the car together for hours with no escape gives you optimal bonding time. No matter where you live, there are always road trip destinations with new things to see and experience. Why not create memories of eating junk food, gossiping, peeing on the side of the road and getting to explore somewhere you’ve never been together?
- Get in the kitchen.There’s nothing that brings friends together better than attempting a new recipe — it’s even better if your creation ends up looking like something that should be featured on one of those “Pinterest Fails” websites. If worse comes to worse, you can always scrap the whole thing and run to Taco Bell.
- Get out of your comfort zones. Sign up for an activity that’s going to push you to the limit. Make sure it’s something that scares you both so that you’re on even footing. Whether it’s running a half marathon or going sky diving, doing something terrifying together will bring you closer than ever.
- Celebrate success.Everyone has achievements, no matter how small, and it’s important to celebrate the success of your friends in any way possible. It could be as small as a hand-written note or as large as a surprise party. It doesn’t matter how much you spend — it matters that you’re taking the time to support their success.
- Lean on each other.When you’ve been friends for a long time, you’ll face your share of hard times together, ranging from heartache to job loss to death. Having a friend to lean on makes these trying times so much easier. Everyone copes differently, so make sure to know how your friends deal during these times.
- Give thanks.Not everyone finds someone they connect with. Always be thankful for your best friends and don’t forget to show it… even if they happen to vomit on your brand-new shoes.