Kissing is one of those things that everyone just gets better at with time. It’s a major thing that you don’t want to peak at in high school. Thankfully, however, we all eventually get past that sloppy first kiss stage of a relationship. It takes time, good communication, and safe spaces, but there are so many ways we can improve our sex lives with our partners through simple actions. Here are a few ways to kiss a guy and make an impression.
- Ask for his consent. Whoever said consent wasn’t sexy can say that to my face. I will die on this hill – mostly because if you aren’t getting consent, you can never be sure if the other person is really into it. It might not even be personal, either. Maybe they just had a long day, but you make it even longer by not reading their signals. Make sure you get consent – affirmative and enthusiastic. Don’t just presume that you know their behaviors. Plus, the slow eye contact of asking someone if you can kiss them – try to top that. Plus, it opens up the potential for a more vocal sexual experience in twenty minutes time if you start talking early on.
- Ready his body language. Vibe with him – it takes two to tango, after all. Pick up what he’s putting down if he wants to start of slow or go in straight away with a rather rhythm. Settle into a speed that works for you, and let your hands start to roam.
- Touch. Try to touch his arm, his chest, his shoulders. Touch is so important to arousing attraction in another person. I know that there’s an ongoing media suggestion that all men all want sex all the time, but we have to be careful that we don’t let that alone define their sexuality. It’s a lot more complex than that, and we all want to snuggle at the end of the day. Take away the made-up rules and accommodate your relationship to what actions you take. It will make things so much more enjoyable from kissing, to foreplay, to…
- Go slow. Why are you in any rush? Another thing that we have to relearn with relationships is the way that we are always pushing the idea of ‘progress’ or ‘steps’. You don’t always have to be with The One, and there are more ways to prove your love than rushing into marriage or meeting the parents. Take your time with kissing too, work up the foreplay. Otherwise, you will feel a bit overwhelmed and hear me when I say, it won’t last as long without the elbow work at the start.
- Leave him leaning in for more. Don’t go on all once and play all your cards at once. Send him away a few times and you will realize that he will always come back. Let him initiate things. The guy will be desperate for more of your kiss ASAP.
- Go easy on the tongue. There’s no need to make the mistakes of our teen years again. Less is most definitely more in this case. Be prudent with your tongue and you will be rewarded. If you are feeling like that is the vibe, however, gauge his reaction by running your tongue across his and seeing what he does.
- Take things to the bedroom, or the wall. Whichever you want to experiment with, stick to your guns. Focus on what makes you feel good and that will get you all you need to go. If they have other boundaries that need to be negotiated or discussed, this is also a great time to air them out. You will learn from any mistakes that you make and you will be able to communicate more effectively in the future.
- Ask what he likes. The best way to kiss a guy is by doing what he likes and you won’t know unless you ask him. It’s simple. An easy way to not stress about the situation is to simply put the ball back in his court. Ask him what he wants rather than try to guess it and waste time. If you feel like you need more out of the relationship or out of your physical connection, this is the time to communicate that. It’s efficient, it’s mature, and it’s an easy way of speeding things up in the relationship.
There you have it, a few ways of maximizing the way that you kiss your special fellow to ensure that he goes home thinking about you. Or that he doesn’t go home at all…