Nobody likes the feeling of their relationship starting to fail or the person that they’re dating is losing interest. However, I think we’re all better off knowing the truth, even if it hurts. In the name of the truth, allow me to share with you ladies some signs that the guy you’re dating is done with you. That way, you can start to move on as soon as possible.
- He doesn’t flirt with you anymore. Granted, flirting tends to decline the more time a couple is together. That being said, he’s still going to be flirty or suggestive with you if he’s still interested. If he makes no effort to be like this with you anymore, especially if you try to initiate it, he’s probably done with you.
- You never hang out one-on-one anymore. If he’s thinking about breaking things off, he’ll avoid spending along time with you as much as possible. If you only ever seem to get together in group settings, it’s a good sign that he’s over it. It’s his way of putting some distance between you two without being too harsh.
- His excuses are lame. His reasons for not being able to hang out are laughable. If he’s still interested in you, he’ll try to convince you that he has a legitimate excuse for not spending time with you. If he’s ready to move on, he’s not going to bother putting in the effort when it comes to excuses. He’ll say whatever pops into his head and won’t care about disappointing you.
- His body language sucks. If you have enough dating experience, you should be able to tell a lot about a guy’s feelings for you by his body language. If he’s not making eye contact, not sitting near you, and not looking at you when he speaks, he might be done with you. It’s possible that he’s just mad at you and it’ll pass. But if his body language makes it seem like he’s always giving you the cold shoulder, he may be subconsciously moving on from you.
- You always make the first contact. As long as he’s invested, he’ll find a way to contact you. It might be a call, a text, a tweet, or some crazy gesture, but he’ll find a way to stay in touch. If you find that you’re the one who always has to initiate things, that’s not a good sign. Granted, if he’s shy and insecure, he won’t be the first to make a move early. However, that should stop as the relationship progresses. The best way to tell is to compare your current situation to the start of the relationship. If he used to text you first and now he doesn’t, it’s a sign that things have changed.
- It’s impossible to make him jealous. First of all, I want to say you generally shouldn’t be making an effort to make a guy jealous. However, this can be one way to test his feelings for you. If he has no reaction to other guys showing you interest, for instance, it’s a sign he’s not really bothered. Of course, this doesn’t work if the guy has always been secure and confident. Also, if you make him jealous, he won’t like that you’re manipulating and playing games. It’s kind of a no-win situation, so keep that in mind.
- He stops sharing. If a guy has already moved on from you in his head, he’ll stop sharing personal information about his life. I mean, guys aren’t exactly good at this in the first place, but if he’s done with you and the relationship, he has no reason to share things. If all you get from your questions are vague answers, it’s all but over.
- He doesn’t acknowledge your feelings. If you get sad, does he refuse to comfort you? If you try to be affectionate, does he pull away? If the answer to either question is a yes, it’s clear he cares little for your feelings. If he can’t even acknowledge when you’re happy, sad, or excited, it’s obvious that it’s done. In fairness, why would you want to be with a guy like that anyway?
- Your bad habits bother him. Surely, you remember in the beginning when he found everything about you charming? He even found your bad and quirky habits When that stops being the case, it’s a clear sign of trouble for the relationship. To be fair, there are a few possible explanations. But one possibility is the guy simply isn’t interested in you anymore. Sometimes relationships run their course and the guy is just done with you. If a guy is bothered by the things he once liked, it’s over.