With all of the texting people do nowadays, you’d think we would have it down to a science by now. Alas, there’s so much we say and that’s said to us via text that’s up for interpretation. One of the great mysteries is whether the other person is trying to flirt with you or is just being nice. This can be particularly confusing for you ladies since most guys aren’t exactly expert texters. However, here are a few signs he’s actually being suggestive.
- He uses emojis. Most guys don’t love using emojis when they text. Actually, scratch that. Most of us hate using emojis when we text. They might be cute and fun but they are not direct and to the point, which is how guys typically prefer to text. Of course, that means if he’s using emojis, he’s trying to be cute and coy. He thinks that you like them, so using them is a clear sign of flirting.
- He tries to make you laugh. A lot of guys will text you just to check in or shore up future plans, but one who’s trying to flirt will go beyond that. He’ll send little jokes or show anecdotes that he thinks will make you laugh. Obviously, not every guy is a comedian, so I can’t guarantee that his attempts will be successful. However, it’s the thought that counts, right?
- He texts compliments. Guys don’t tend to dish out compliments for no reason. They’re either trying to flirt with you or butter you up and get into your good graces. If he’s going out of his way to flatter you, he’s usually interested in you romantically. For some of us, giving you flirty compliments is easier via text than in person, especially when it comes to your appearance.
- He wants you to picture him with you. If a guy sends texts that allude to you being there with him or him being where you are, he’s definitely flirting. He wouldn’t be putting that image in your head if he didn’t mean it. Quite frankly, he’d probably like to do more than flirt with you.
- He teases you. Granted, teasing can sometimes come off as a little mean, but he isn’t usually going to waste his time texting insults to some poor woman. A little teasing via text should be a clear sign that he likes you and is trying to be playful about it. The problem is that most guys aren’t great at teasing. He could misfire and thinks could get a little awkward. Hopefully it doesn’t go that way!
- He laughs (or so he says). Obviously, you can’t know for sure that a guy is laughing, but you can probably assume he means it when he texts “lol” or “haha.” Even if he’s not exactly rolling on the floor with laughter, he’s enjoying your exchange and finding it humorous. If nothing else, he wants you to think that you’re making him laugh. Ultimately, that’s what matters.
- He asks a lot of questions. Of course, there is some leeway here based on the questions, but I think most of you ladies know the difference between flirty questions and non-flirty ones. If he seems to be firing the questions at you one after another, it means he’s engaged in the conversation and wants to keep it going. Having said that, it doesn’t count if he’s just repeating the same questions you just asked him.
- He texts back right away. Okay, so this isn’t exactly fool-proof. It’s possible that he’s bored and has nothing better to do than text you back right away. Still, it’s difficult to flirt with someone via text when a lot of time passes between texts. Text flirting is usually quick and snappy. If he’s doing that, you at least know he’s engaged in the conversation and focused on your text convo. That’s got to be a good sign.