If you can’t actually screw his brains out at the moment but you’re horny as hell, the next best thing has to be sexting, right? But it’s a little more complicated than just sending explicit messages — there’s an art to sexting that luckily anyone can master with just a little time and dedication. Want to get him off with words alone? Here’s how to do it:
- You don’t have to send nudes. If it makes you uncomfortable, don’t do it. Even if you trust your guy to never violate your privacy, you can still say no to nudes. Any form of sex is all about confidence, so don’t let your nerves get the best of you.
- The dirt is in the details. Don’t be afraid to get graphic. It doesn’t make you a whore — you’re simply being intimate with your significant other and there’s nothing wrong with that. Be descriptive, create his daydream, and he’ll be fantasizing until he gets the real thing.
- Get creative and take some risks. You don’t actually stick to missionary — you use different moves and positions every time. Just like you mix it up in the bedroom, spice things up in your texts. Just remember not to say or describe anything you wouldn’t actually do, because that could get pretty awkward if he tries it later.
- Introduce new techniques. There’s no pressure here. Your guy will be happy with whatever dirty thoughts run through your mind, but if there is something you’ve wanted to try, this is the perfect place to initiate your deepest desires.
- Use your texts as foreplay. What you’re really doing is building up to the moment you actually have sex. What makes sexting so intriguing is that you can’t actually do it right then and there, you have to wait. You’re not together, but you’re dying to be, and that’s a passion unlike any other. If you know you’re going to see him in a few hours, why not start things early?
- Stroke his ego. A guy wants to be reminded of your desire. Men can get insecure about their bodies, too, so be complimentary in your descriptions. The better your partner feels about himself, the more receptive he’ll be to your foreplay.
- You don’t have to wait until he’s in the mood. He doesn’t have to initiate. If you’re feeling sexy, then send him a naughty text out of the blue. He may not have been in the mood before your text, but he certainly will be after.
- Forget emojis. Emoticons are always cute, but they’re really never sexy. Just one light-hearted emoji can ruin the mood. Instead, paint a picture with your words, or send an actual body shot if you’re comfortable with nudes, but either way a cutesy smiley face isn’t appropriate.
- Protect yourself. Sexting your boyfriend and sexting someone you haven’t even slept with yet are two very different things, but either way, make sure you’re protecting your privacy. If you choose to send nudes, use an app like Snapchat, and never include your face. Just remember those texts are private, so if a guy shares your secrets with his friends, kick him to the curb.