A Florida man launched an attack on Walgreens employees who refused to sell him cigarettes. Inel Noy-Quesada, 23, was shopping at a store in Clearwater at around 1:20 a.m. on September 4 when he decided to pick up some smokes. However, he was refused. That’s when he picked up Snickers and started hurling them.
- Noy-Quesada got into a fight with employees who refused to serve him. According to a criminal complaint obtained by The Smoking Gun, Idel Noy-Quesada presented ID to purchase the cigarettes but “was refused service due to the business’ policy.”
- Needless to say, he wasn’t too pleased to miss out on his cigs. He began arguing with the workers and, lacking any other weapon, he picked up Snickers bars and began pelting them.
- No one was seriously injured, but it didn’t feel nice. The employees say an “irate” Noy-Quesada threw the candy bars at the female employee first, hitting her in the face. He then hit the male employee in the chest. Soon, the employees decided they’d had enough and decided to call the police.
- Officers from the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office arrived soon after. Noy-Quesada originally claimed that hitting the second employee with the Snickers bars was an accident, but surveillance footage disproved that defense. In fact, police say he was “very intentional where he directed the Snickers bars.”
- Noy-Quesada was arrested and booked into the county jail. There, he was slapped with two charges of misdemeanor battery, and his bond was set at $1,000. He posted it soon after and was released.