I’ve been dating for a long time now, so I know how to recognize the warning signs of a relationship that’s going nowhere fast. If I get the vibe that you’re not down for planning a real future with me and I’m right about that, you need to be straight up and honest. I know what I want and need in a relationship and I don’t have time to waste on someone who doesn’t feel the same. You might think I’m amazing and that being with me is fun for now, but if you can’t truly picture me by your side for the long haul, you need to let me go.
- I’ve had my fun and I’m looking for more. I’ve had my fair share of dating experiences and I’ve had a lot of fun along the way. Now I’m at a more serious point in my life where I’m only looking to spend my time and energy on someone who’s looking for a relationship that’s lasting and real. If you’re only dating for sport or have no intentions of getting serious anytime soon, you need to move on to someone who’s more on your level, because I’m above that.
- My time is valuable. I had a busy life before you walked into it and the time I spend with you is precious time I could be spending on myself or on someone who’s worth it. I was handling my stuff before you, and I’ll be handling it without you just the same. You don’t need to stick around just to avoid the inevitable. Be all the way in, or all the way out — there’s no in between with me.
- If you know already, don’t drag this thing out. I can tell pretty early on if I’m willing to proceed further and let this thing continue and grow to new heights and new places. If you already know deep down that you don’t feel the same, I’d rather you rip the band-aid off sooner than later.
- Leading me on isn’t fair. Passing your time with me for fun or merely because I’m the best option at the moment when you know I’m not what you want in the long run isn’t just completely selfish, it’s also unfair to me. I deserve the happiness I’m looking for and if you can’t give me what I want, you need to leave me alone so I can move on without you.
- I deserve available for someone who can give me what I want. If you don’t feel it, that’s fine — but let me know because I’ve got stuff to do. I deserve to have my heart available for someone who’s looking for someone exactly like me. I’m not someone you hold onto until someone better comes along, nor am I a ruse to satisfy your urges and free time. I’m a prize and I deserve to be open to the love I’m looking for. If that’s not you, be on your merry little way.
- I’m sick of wasting my time. I’m sick of ending up in non-stop dead end relationships. I’ve spent a lot of time in all the wrong relationships and I can’t help but wonder if I’ve missed out on better opportunities for having been strung onto casted lines that never pulled me completely from the water. I don’t care for almost relationships and label-less love, I want the real deal.
- Sometimes stuff doesn’t work out, and that’s OK. The truth is, if this thing isn’t going anywhere for you, it’s completely fine by me. I’d rather be hit with blunt honesty than left with questions about how things go so out of hand. I want to be with someone who wants to be with completely me and wants to plan a future that actually plays out.
- You deserve to find what you want, too. It’s not just about me, it’s about you, too. If this road is headed to nowhere, there’s no point in adding extra steps in the journey. Our time would be better spent looking for the path that’s worth walking all the way through. It doesn’t matter how much fun we’re having — if it’s not forever, stop wasting my time.
- We tried, and that’s all that matters. We tried to take a go at things, and it wasn’t meant to be. So be it. The fact that I tried means I’m that much closer to finding what is right for me. If it’s not with you, its OK — but please give me the courtesy of ending things now if you don’t see a future.