A trip to Ikea is always an experience, and often one that can take up a full day if you’re not paying attention to the time. It’s not just where you go to pick up a flat-packed bed frame or bookcase, it’s where you go to get lost in the simplistic yet genius design that is an Ikea store (and to eat some delicious Swedish meatballs). If you love Ikea as much as me, you might be interested to know that they’re about to start holding in-store sleepovers and you can attend!
- It’s part of the “Swede Dreams Sleepover” competition. Unfortunately, you won’t just be able to buy a ticket to attend an Ikea sleepover. Instead, you’ll have to win one. The “Swede Dreams Sleepover” competition is being held in honor of World Sleep Day on March 13 and it sounds like it’s going to be a blast.
- Sleepovers will be held in three locations. If you’re lucky enough to win a spot at an Ikea sleepover, you’ll need to be close to the Brooklyn, New York or Costa Mesa stores since that’s where the events are being held, according to Travel + Leisure.
- It’s bound to be an incredible experience. In addition to including games and other activities that the whole family can enjoy, the Ikea sleepover will also offer up an Insomniac Lounge featuring ASMR, a Silent Disco, and a sleep clinic of sorts that will give you tips to get better rest.
- You’ll need to be part of the Ikea Family. If you’re a bigtime Ikea fan, you probably already are, but if you’re not, don’t worry, signing up is free and simple. You can even sign up online in just a few minutes. In addition to making you eligible for the sleepover, it’ll also get you discounts for in-store dining at Ikea and other benefits, so it’s a good idea to sign up even if you don’t win.
- So how do you enter? You can sign up to win via the online raffle on the Ikea website beginning February 11, and winners will be notified the week of February 24. If you do win, you get a free plus-one, so start thinking carefully about who you want to enjoy such a glorious event with you.