When I first met you I really liked who you were as a person. You had so many amazing qualities and you piqued my interest instantly. Soon enough I fell in love with you, and I felt so lucky to have you. But then something changed. You changed — and not for the better.
- You’re not sweet to me anymore. You don’t compliment me or tell me you love me. You don’t go out of your way to do sweet things for me. You used to be so caring and thoughtful and that was one of my favorite parts about you. That’s nonexistent now.
- You say rude things to me. So maybe you don’t hit me or cuss me out, but all those sly remarks you cover up with “just kidding” are still just as hurtful. I’m all about being able to play and joke with each other, but not at the expense of the other person’s feelings.
- You aren’t invested in me anymore. You used to not be able to stand the time we were apart, always texting me telling me you missed me and how amazing you think I am. Now I feel like I have to beg you to take me out and you’re more excited about spending time by yourself or with your friends than with me. Sometimes I wonder if you remember I still exist.
- You’re pessimistic about life. And about our relationship. You used to see the potential in everything. You would always be the one to encourage me when I was down and to remind me that everything was going to be okay. You were the one who was optimistic about our relationship and the wonderful life we were going to have. That was one of my favorite parts about you and now it’s missing.
- You don’t seem to like me anymore. I know relationships change as time goes on and the honeymoon stage doesn’t last forever, but I question if you even like me anymore. You don’t laugh at my jokes, you don’t smile at me just because. Something’s changed and I don’t like it.
- You’ve gotten lazy. You don’t contribute to the relationship much anymore. I’m the one running around, doing the dishes, going to the store for you. You’re more interested in your TV shows and texting your friends than you are in doing much of anything else. You used to be so ambitious and giving. Where did you go?
- You’ve lost your spark. The fun-loving, excited, happy person I liked so much is no longer you. You spend more of your time depressed and unhappy. I care about you so much and it makes me sad to see you like this.
- We lost our friendship. Romantically, I feel in love with you. But I also liked you as a person and as a friend. That friendship we used to have is gone. We used to genuinely enjoy each other’s company and could have fun no matter what we were doing. I will always love you, but that part of me who liked being with you has slowly faded away.