I’ve had plenty of relationships over the years, but not all of them were serious and many of them were total losers. I was pulled in by the hot “bad boy” more times than I’d like to admit, but they always ended up being way more trouble than they were worth. These days, I’ll take the nice guy over the hot guy any day (and the two aren’t always mutually exclusive, anyway).
- Looks fade. Even the hottest of guys are going to lose their looks, unless they’re related to George Clooney. When you’re looking for a lasting relationship, it’s better to realize that he’s not going to be hot forever and if that’s his best attribute, you’re in for a huge disappointment later on.
- Nice guys make you feel good. The nice guy is someone who’s going to treat you with respect. He’s going to make sure you’re happy with the relationship and he’s never going to rip your heart out. You can be sure that the nice guy is just that — nice.
- They try harder in bed. Your typical hot guy thinks he can just show up and look good when it comes to having sex. The nice guy may not be as Magic Mike as the hot guy, but you can be damn sure he’s going to put in work while in the bedroom.
- Hot guys tend to be arrogant. If he’s insanely hot, there’s a good chance he knows it, and when he acts like an arrogant douche, it’s such a turn-off. Confidence is sexy, but most scorching hot people have a hard time telling the difference.
- The nice guy is boyfriend material. Hot guys are fun for a night, but nice guys are fun for life. They know what it takes to make a relationship work because they don’t feel as though they’re looks will get them everything they want.
- They have better personalities. Growing up beautiful can sometimes take away from developing a decent personality because hot guys never really had to rely on that to get attention. If a guy is nice, there’s a good chance that his personality has been worked on and he’s a more well-rounded person altogether.
- They change your ideas about what’s attractive. Being attracted to the hot guy is more instant gratification than anything else. When you give the nice guy a chance and let the feelings develop naturally, he becomes the hottest guy you’ve ever been with.
- He treats you as more than just an object. Since most hot guys know (or at least think) they can get whatever and whoever they want, most of them won’t truly treasure you or work to get and keep you interested. After all, if you’re not immediately won over, there are other women out there who will be.
- Who wants to date a douchebag, anyway? Not all attractive guys are jerks, and not all nice guys are ugly, but if you’re dealing with a hot guy who uses his looks to get him anything and everything he wants in life, it’s clear he’s a total a-hole — and who wants that?