Sometimes it hurts when your ex moves on, but not for me. Personally, I’m glad that my ex finally let me go and found someone else. Maybe it’s a bit selfish, but I know that it means that now, someone else is going to have to deal with all his crap instead of me.
- He always wanted me to be someone I wasn’t. I just wanted him to love me for me, but he couldn’t do that. He tried to change me into the girl he wanted me to be, but nothing was ever enough. Now that he’s moved on, though, I’m not his work in progress anymore. She’s his new rough draft, and I finally get to go back to just being me again. Hallelujah.
- He played me hot and cold. He acted like he was head over heels in love with me and then he’d just disappear. Suddenly he’d want nothing to do with me and I had no clue as to why. I could never gauge his temperature, and it changed on a daily basis. I was always confused as to the status of our relationship, but now it’s time for him to keep a new girl guessing.
- He made love feel like a game. All I ever wanted was to be with him, but all he ever did was mess with my head. I fell for him, but he never knew how to love me back. I wised up to his games, though. I’m no longer the naïve girl I was when I met him. I’m done playing his games.
- He toed the line between friendship and relationship. One minute we were romantically entangled, and the next minute he made me feel like we were nothing more than friends. He pulled our relationship back and forth so much that I nearly had whiplash. I put up with it all just to be with him, but I wised up, and thankfully he won’t be knocking on my door anymore.
- He always had to test how much I loved him. He wanted to know just how much he could put me through and how much of his BS I could take. How much damage would he need to cause for me to finally walk away? I was some sort of sick and twisted experiment to him, but now my love for him is gone, and he has a new test subject for his games.
- It was all about him all the time. I got so sick of giving and giving and getting nothing in return. He expected me to fulfill his every want and need. He was selfish about our entire relationship. He could never do anything for himself, let alone do something for me. I wasn’t just a girlfriend — I was his caretaker, but that’s another girl’s job now.
- He couldn’t decide what he wanted for the future. I thought we were planning to spend the rest of our lives together. We would discuss marriage, kids, careers, and so much more, and then suddenly he wasn’t sure he did see a future with me. He always kept me on my toes because he was afraid of the unknown. I wanted answers, but all he had were questions. I feel bad for the next girl who has to deal with all that BS.
- He tried to control me. He knew how much I loved him, and he used that against me. I wanted him, and that gave him power. He knew I had real feelings and he told me he felt the same, but he didn’t act like a man in love. He didn’t treat me the way I deserved — all he ever tried to do was manipulate me. I’m eternally grateful to be free of all that.
- I was always his but he was never really mine. He didn’t want me seeing other people, yet he was somehow allowed to do whatever the hell he wanted. He didn’t care about my feelings. We were together, yet not. He had separate rules for me than he did for himself. I put up with it for too long, and I’m so glad we both finally moved on.