You used to love me, or so I thought. Now you treat me like you couldn’t care less whether I stay or go, and I’m finally over it. You might think I’m giving up on love, but I’m not — I’m just giving up on you.
- I can’t spend my life waiting for you to be “ready.” You’re “not ready for something serious,” you keep telling me. You’ll call me your girlfriend, but that’s where you draw the line — “settling down” would just be too much. What does that even mean? At this point, I just feel like being with you is a waste of time. You’re not ready and you might never be, but I am. Doesn’t that matter to you?
- I don’t believe you can change. Isn’t that sad? I actually stopped believing in you, and when I did, I stopped believing in us too. I don’t think things will get better. I don’t believe I’m just being impatient. I don’t see a future for us anymore — at least not one in which I’m happy, and I refuse to settle for a life of unhappiness just to be with you.
- You don’t even know if you love me. Who knows if you ever will? I shouldn’t have to stick around and wait for you to try and figure it out. If you did love me, you’d know by now. It wouldn’t be a decision you’d have to agonize over and dangle in front of me like a carrot. I’m finally ready to face the truth: you’ll never care for me the way I do for you, and I deserve a guy who’s willing to give as much as he takes.
- I know there’s a guy out there who will treat me right. That guy isn’t you. I think deep down, we both know that’s true. I want a guy who calls when he says he will, who shows up on time rather than texting me some BS excuse so he can cancel plans when something better comes along. I want a love that will go the extra mile and put me first. Either you’re not capable of that or you’re just not interested. Either way, I need to let go and find someone who can offer me what I know I deserve.
- I deserve real love. And this is anything but love. I don’t want to have to beg a guy to be with me or even just to give a sh*t on a basic level. I’m not that desperate. I want to fall head over heels for a man who sweeps me off my feet and I’ve never felt that way with you. I don’t feel lucky to have found you anymore, and the way you take me for granted proves you don’t feel lucky to have me. This isn’t real love, and it never will be.
- I’m done getting my heart broken. I let you break it over and over again, piece by piece, but now I’m finally calling it quits. I had to break this cycle at some point and that time has finally come. I’m done allowing you to pick away at my self-esteem. I have my confidence back, and it might still take some time to fully move on and recover what I’ve lost, but at least I’m taking the first step to say, “I’m done with you.”
- I thought I wanted you, but I definitely don’t need you. I thought I wanted you, but even that turned out to not be true. I was so wrong in thinking that we were right for each other. We were never on the same page, and it’s a shame I let my feelings for you blind me to that for so long. I don’t need you. I don’t need any guy. I’ll be just fine on my own, and if I do someday find a guy who knows how to love me, I know he won’t be anything like you.
- Despite everything, I don’t hate you. Just because you could never offer me what I wanted and needed from love doesn’t mean I hate you or think you’re a terrible person. It just means you’re not ready to grow up and give your whole self to a relationship and I am. Maybe one day you’ll get there; I just can’t stick around to find out.
- This is the end of our story, but it’s not the end of my story. You weren’t my last chance at love. You might think that I’ll never find anyone better than you, but you couldn’t be more wrong. In fact, if this were what true love really looked like, I wouldn’t want any part of it. I know my true love is out there waiting for me, but even if he isn’t, I’d rather be alone for the rest of my life than be with you.