I’m not supermodel hot, I’m not rich and I’m far from perfect — but somehow, I don’t have trouble finding guys. It’s not that I’m looking either. I’ve got far too much going on in my life to be preoccupied with getting a boyfriend. Strangely enough, I think that’s the exact reason guys tend to be into me.
- It’s my attitude that’s sexy. It doesn’t matter how pretty a woman is — it’s her attitude that defines her. I’m always polite, kind and completely myself, no matter how that may come across. I don’t shy away from who I am or worry that it could scare a guy away. The right guy is going to love every inch and layer of me, so there’s no point in sugarcoating who I am.
- I treat guys like friends off the bat. I don’t go overboard with flirtation when I meet a guy. I treat him as if he’s been a friend of mine for years and I talk to him like that’s the case. I’m playful while keeping my smarts front and center, because dumbing myself down in fear of rejection isn’t an option.
- I’m always smiling, laughing and easy to approach. I’m a bubbly person by nature, so it’s hard for me to dim that light. I have the loudest laugh in the room and I’m always finding ways to make people laugh (while laughing at myself in the process if I do or say something stupid). I don’t shy away from my mistakes — I laugh them off and make the most of it.
- I’m honest about who I am. I don’t act a certain way to get a guy’s attention because I’m not looking for attention in the first place. I always stay true to who I am, even if he’s the most handsome guy I’ve ever laid eyes on. I see no point in faking it until I make him mine because I’d rather a guy love me for who I am — there’s seriously no better feeling. I’m sometimes honest almost to a fault and guys are always genuinely intrigued by my unedited personality.
- I don’t drop my life for guys. When I meet a new guy who’s worth dating, he doesn’t get my time with the snap of his fingers. He has to work to earn the spot in my life. I don’t cancel plans, bail on friends, or drop my priorities to fit him in. I work around what I’ve already got going on to make room for him in my life and it makes him work harder to make sure he plans time with me more thoughtfully. Guys not only respect that kind of challenge, they love it.
- I have my own passions that make me unique. I don’t pretend to love everything guys do to make myself more appealing. Like I said, I march by the beat of my own drum. I’m deeply focused on my writing and I dive deep into my own passions because they make me happy. I don’t try to mold myself into a specific shape to be more appealing to guys — I appeal to them because I don’t try to.
- I’m always focused on self-improvement. I’m constantly working on bettering myself for no other reason than that I want to feel good about myself and my life. I’m not fixing myself to make guys like me more — I’m working on me because I want to be happy with or without a guy by my side. There’s nothing more attractive to a guy than a woman who rocks her life on her own terms.
- I have deep conversations without fear. I’m not afraid to get into a deep or intellectual conversation with a guy to show him who I am and what I know. I’m not interested in sticking to safe topics or hiding parts of who I am just to make myself more appealing or mysterious. As much as it’s believed that women need to act a certain way to get a guy to like them, the exact opposite is true for me. Guys fall for me because I stand in my own truth without hesitation. My confidence of who I am on the inside is what makes me all the more alluring.
- I’m unapologetically myself. I don’t let my ego inflate just because guys are consistently interested in me. It’s nice to be noticed but it’s not what I aim for. Guys fall for me because of one simple thing — I’m unapologetically myself. I’m a “take me as I am or watch me as I go” type of woman and wouldn’t have it any other way. I’m not living my life to have a guy in it, I’m living for myself.