We’re in the midst of an international crisis right now unlike anything we’ve ever experienced in our lifetimes and likely never will again (thank goodness). That means all bets are off when it comes to decent drinking times. While we’re all self-isolating to protect ourselves and the more vulnerable members of society, Ina Garten is here to remind us that it’s never too early to make a cocktail.
- Who doesn’t love the Barefoot Contessa? Ina Garten is a national treasure. Between her deliciously decadent recipes and her love for Jeffrey, you can’t help but wish she was your mom/auntie/BFF.
- Cocktail hour is around 9 a.m. these days. We all have nothing better to do than drink our troubles away (or, you know, actually get stuff done if we’re working from home). Ina Garten certainly doesn’t feel guilty about cracking open the vodka well before noon, so why should you?
- Ina Garten doesn’t skimp on the good stuff. Taking to Instagram on Wednesday, Garten grabbed a massive pitcher, a bottle of quality vodka, and a whole lot of enthusiasm to make some delicious cosmos. “You never know who’s going to stop by,” she says in the clip. “Wait a minute. Nobody’s stopping by!”
- “It’s always cocktail time in a crisis!” While I don’t necessarily advocate drinking from the minute you wake up until the minute you go to sleep, enjoying the occasional tipple (or three) can be a nice way to unwind and get your mind off all the sad and scary stuff going on in the world. Of course, there are healthier ways to cope like exercising, eating well, meditation, etc. However, we all need and deserve a treat sometimes.
- I just wish she would have provided a recipe… Of course, there are plenty of cocktail recipes available online for free so we could (and should) just look one up, but Ina Garten knows her stuff so I be hers is extra delicious.