A social media influencer has lifted the curtain on the way some of the most popular shots on her feed were made, and the truth isn’t quite as glamorous as you might imagine. Kendall Kiper, who has more than 100,000 combined followers on TikTok and Instagram, has now gone even more viral for her honesty and the hilarious peek behind the scenes.
LMAOOOOO slayy home depot!!!! 😍 #instagramvsreality
- Kendall does a lot of brand endorsements on her page. However, if she wants to get paid, she has to get creative with how she sets up her posts. For instance, a recent product post required a relaxed beach environment, but given that Kendall was nowhere near a beach at home in Atlanta, Georgia, she brought the sand and sun to her.
- Her “Slayy Home Depot” video now has more than 10 million views and two million likes. The clip shows Kendall revealing how she spent $45 on bags of sand which she then dumped in her back garden to create the illusion of a beach. She then donned a bikini and got ready for her shoot. “A girl’s gotta do what a girl’s gotta do,” Kendall says. “I had a check that had to be made.”
- Her followers loved her even more for her brutal honesty. TikTokers flocked to the comments of Kendall’s post to applaud her for being so real — and for her dedication to securing the bag. “This is the biggest slay of the year,” one wrote. Another added: And they say content creators aren’t creative.”
- Kendall is loving the supportive responses she’s received. “It feels like a dream come true having this happen, especially after I’ve felt like giving up so much within the past year,” Kendall told Jam Press (as per NY Post). “I have had a good amount of hate comments as well, mainly people telling me it’s ‘sad’ or that I am ‘creating a false reality’ — I don’t agree with either of those.”
- This isn’t the first time Kendall has had to get creative. She once went out and bought a $70 paddling pool to put in her back yard so she could take a photo of herself appearing to be lavishing in a luxurious pool 10x the size. I feel like Kendall is the only influencer we should all be supporting!
i cant stop making these HELPPP LMAO (tiktok i’m 20 & it’s a bathing suit 😀)