Whether you’ve been dating for a few weeks or a few months, the old saying just may be true when it comes to falling in love: when you know, you know. However, while you may be head over heels for a guy and feel certain that you’re meant to be, how do you know if that’s actually true? Is he my soulmate? you may find yourself wondering. Well, here are a few signs he actually is and you’ve finally found that deep, spiritual connection you’ve been craving for so long.
- You feel like you’ve known him for years when you’ve only just met. Isn’t it strange when you meet someone but feel like you already have a deep, intimate knowledge of them even though that’s not possible? It’s this soul-deep familiarity, like you were together in some way in another lifetime. While this doesn’t necessarily guarantee that he is your soulmate, this bizarre deja-vu feeling that can’t be shaken is a pretty good sign.
- You happily sit in comfortable silences with him. Even when you have nothing to say or you simply don’t feel like talking, you feel completely content sitting quietly with him. It’s not awkward, you don’t feel the need to fill the silence with mindless chatter, and you don’t worry that he’s bored or will think you’re weird. Instead, you’re both content to sit in the quiet together and enjoy it. It feels amazing.
- You want the same things out of life. When you find your soulmate, the knowledge that you want the same things out of life — whether that’s kids, marriage, to live in a certain city, to travel, whatever — is an incredible comfort. You don’t have to worry that these major differences will pull you apart. Instead, you can rest assured that as you grow and evolve, you’ll do so together, which will help you weather any storm that comes your way.
- You can finish each other’s sentences effortlessly. It sounds silly to say that completing each other’s sentences is a sign that he’s your soulmate, but it is because this is indicative of something greater. It means that you’re so in tune with one another and know one another so well, perhaps because you’re so similar at your core, that you can anticipate what the other person is going to say. That kind of connection doesn’t come around often, that’s for sure.
- You balance one another out in every way. Maybe he has a short temper and you’re incredibly laid back. Perhaps you’re book smart while he’s all about common sense and street smarts. Whatever your differences, when you meet your soulmate, they’re always complementary and serve to balance each other out.
- You understand one another implicitly without the need for explanation. While you’re not the same person at all – you’re a unique individual with your own thoughts, feelings, and ideas – you find that the two of you are on such similar wavelengths that there’s rarely any need for any kind of explanation between you. It’s as if you simply understand one another on a deep, spiritual level. That’s what it’s like to have a soulmate.
- When you’re together, the world just makes sense. Enough said, don’t you think?