Maybe you thought you were going to be together forever. After all, he’s basically your perfect guy on paper: handsome, funny, intelligent, and treats you like a queen. At least it was like that. Lately things have gone from a fairytale to a nightmare and you’re starting to wonder if your relationship is over. If you’re not sure whether it’s time to call it quits, listen up.
- You suddenly want totally different things in life. You used to agree 100% on how you pictured your future together. You both wanted marriage and kids, or maybe you dreamed of moving to another city and doing a ton of traveling. However, these days your paths have merged and you’re going in opposite directions. You can’t move forward as an individuals, you have to be a team. If you’re not, you might as well split.
- You feel totally alone even when you’re together. It used to be that your silences were comfortable and even comforting, but these days whenever you’re together, you’ve never felt less alone. You can’t enjoy his company because it’s like he’s not there at all. You barely speak to each other and if you do, it’s with very little interest.
- You can no longer trust them. Whether you caught them in a serious lie or you found out they’ve been unfaithful in any way, you just don’t trust them anymore. You’re constantly questioning their motives and whether the things they say are the truth. This is no way to live. Your relationship is over if you can’t trust your partner to have your best interests at heart and not to do things to hurt you.
- You don’t feel emotionally connected anymore. Even if you’re kinda getting along okay, it’s not a good sign if you feel no connection to your partner. Sometimes this isn’t anyone’s fault and it’s something that just happens naturally over time. However, it tends to be a relationship killer. If there’s nothing left that ties you together, there’s no point in being together, is there?
- Your sex life is nonexistent and unappealing. You don’t remember the last time you had sex and you don’t really care. The thought of being intimate with them no longer excites you. In fact, you kinda dread it. If you can’t even imagine getting it on with the person who’s supposed to be your romantic partner, what are you even doing?
- You barely spend any time together anymore and that’s how you like it. Most of your free time outside of work is spent with your friends, family members, or even on your own. You don’t really hang out with your partner very much these days, and that’s on purpose because that’s how you like it. The idea of having to spend any amount of time together is painful, and that’s a clear sign it’s time to break up.
- You go to anyone but your partner for support and advice. It used to be that when you had a question or needed advice, you’d ask your partner right away. These days, you ask anyone but them. It’s almost like you don’t value their opinion anymore or think how they feel is irrelevant. Yikes!
- You hate going home at the end of the day because they’re there. Not only do you not hang out with your partner much, you try to stay out of the house as much as possible if you know they’re going to be home. You know that if you’re in the same place, you’ll either end up fighting or you’ll be totally indifferent to one another’s presence, which is almost worse.
- You’re starting to wonder if you can do better. If you’ve been thinking lately that you’d be better off with someone else and you’ve started to fantasize about other partners, that’s all the information you need. Your relationship is over and it’s time to say goodbye.