I can’t believe IT: Chapter Two is already out and that I haven’t seen it yet. I was a fan of the original IT movie growing up and thought Pennywise was one of the scariest horror villains ever—way worse than Freddie or Jason, if you ask me. That’s why I think it’s so cool that there’s an IT version of Monopoly that is almost as freaky as the movie.
It’s based on the 2017 film. This version of Monopoly is stylized like the first IT movie (well, “first” of the new movies, that is), with the board featuring a lot of notable locations in the film. And while Monopoly is generally for all ages, this one is for people 17 and older.
Even the tokens are scary. This version of Monopoly foregoes the thimble and the wheelbarrow for the Balloon, Inhaler, Richie’s Glasses, Bicycle, Eddie’s Cast, and Paper Boat—all the scary stuff you’ll definitely remember from the movie. I swear, that paper boat could give me nightmares.
The goal is the same: acquire property. Why you’d want to buy property in Derry, Maine when Pennywise is on the loose is beyond me, but that’s what the goal of the game is here. You’ll need to build houses and apartment buildings on places like the Derry sewers (great location!) and Pennywise’s cistern (uh, no thanks) if you want to win. And you do want to win, right?
It’s the perfect gift for Stephen King fans. Stephen King writes some freaky stuff and has millions of fans around the world because of it. If you happen to know one of them, why not grab them the IT version of Monopoly for their next birthday or even this upcoming Christmas? It’s a unique gift they certainly won’t get elsewhere, and they’re not likely to forget it anytime soon.
Sponsored: The best dating/relationships advice on the web. Check out Relationship Hero a site where highly trained relationship coaches get you, get your situation, and help you accomplish what you want. They help you through complicated and difficult love situations like deciphering mixed signals, getting over a breakup, or anything else you’re worried about. You immediately connect with an awesome coach on text or over the phone in minutes. Just click here…
- 14 Little Things That Look Like Love But Are Actually Manipulation
- What’s Your Hottest Quality? Here’s What Your Zodiac Sign Suggests
- They Might Not Seem Like It, But These 12 Things Are Emotional Abuse
- Your Drunk Self Is Your Truest Self, Science Says
- You Know You’re In An Almost Relationship If You’re Sending Him These Texts
- 17 Life Struggles Of Women Who Are Naturally Loud
- “Duty Dating” Is A Thing And You Need To Start Doing It ASAP
- I Didn’t Understand Why I Kept Ending Up With Toxic Guys Until I Realized These Important Things
Share this article now!