Some girls have new crushes all the time, always seem to be texting multiple prospects, and find boyfriends easily. But some of us are a little choosier when it comes to love. We don’t go out with hopes of finding a new guy to play with, and it’s easier to have guy friends than boyfriends. It’s not that we don’t want a man in our life, we just don’t like to waste our time. We crave that excited school girl feeling; we want to be nervous when we meet up with a guy, and we want to be totally into him. If you’re one of those that doesn’t mind spending time alone, without any guy to text when you’re feeling lonely because you’re waiting on the right one to come along – it’s okay! You’re still fun and definitely worth the wait. Here are 9 reasons why it’s totally fine to be selfish when it comes to love.
- Guys can sense that you’re different. Everyone – yes, even guys – like to feel special. If you finally find a guy actually worth investing time in, he’ll know that he’s not just another random that you’re casually talking to. Chances are, he’ll take you and your feelings more seriously, as well.
- You have time to work on yourself. Texting, going on dates, Netflix and chill… they all take up your sweet, precious time. The less guys you spend your time doing this with, the more time you will have to spend on yourself. When you know who you are, you know what you want and wont put up with anything else.
- You know your worth.You have dreams, drive, and ambition, and you want your man to have the same qualities. You deserve an equal, someone that can make you better and challenge your mind, body, and soul. Don’t settle for less.
- Love isn’t a game. To you, love is a commitment. You don’t spend time with someone unless you can actually see the relationship going somewhere. Although it may not always work out, you take relationships seriously.
- You take things nice and slow. For whatever reason, you have a brick wall built around your heart that only the right guy can tear down. Even though you may be feeling head over heals for a guy, you still move cautiously. You love your life and everything that you’ve built and you’re not ready to let a guy be a part of it unless he can add to it. It may take several months to actually consider a guy your boyfriend, but at least you know who he is both inside and out by the time you take the next step.
- You’re always open to new experiences.You likely rarely have any guy to answer to, keep up with, or bring along with you, so you’re always out and about meeting new people and embarking on new adventures. Sure, you can do this with a guy too, but it’s pretty fun to face the world all on your own.
- Your priorities are straight. You’re always there for wine night with your girls and never miss your mom’s birthday. You love those that love you back and prioritize them. Of course you need to have your fun too, but it’s not usually at the expense of the people that are always there for you.
- It doesn’t make you a prude. Sex is like riding a bike: once you’ve learned it, you know it. Just because you go through seven month dry spells doesn’t mean you don’t know what you’re doing in the sack. In fact, it might even make you better in bed. When you finally get to this point with a guy again, you’ll likely be fully invested, wanting to take your time on every little step of foreplay. Plus, you’re in bed with a guy because you’re into him, not just because you want sex.
- The right guy will come along. Even if it’s been three years since you’ve been in an actual relationship, don’t give up hope. As long as you keep your mind and heart open and keep trying, the right guy will definitely come your way.