Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler have been friends for years, and while they’ve shared many laughs both onscreen and off, the “Murder Mystery” co-stars are also there to support one another during the tough times. In a December 2022 interview with Allure, Aniston revealed that all of the speculation and rumors about her being childless over the years took their toll, especially since the “Friends” actress did want to be a mom — she was just unable to conceive. It was tough to accept that she would never be a mom, but Sandler and his wife still send her flowers every Mother’s Day out of compassion for her infertility journey, Aniston revealed in a new interview with the Wall Street Journal.
- Aniston revealed that she tried to get pregnant throughout her 30s and 40s. She’d gone through several rounds of IVF that were unsuccessful and even tried more holistic approaches to conception and nothing worked. This made the media coverage even tougher to deal with.
- She eventually decided she had to let her dream of motherhood go. “All the years and years and years of speculation… It was really hard. I was going through IVF, drinking Chinese teas, you name it,” she told Allure. “I was throwing everything at it. I would’ve given anything if someone had said to me, ‘Freeze your eggs. Do yourself a favor’. You just don’t think it. So here I am today. The ship has sailed.”
- While she was disappointed, she’s ultimately grateful for what she went through. “I would’ve never become who I was meant to be,” she said. “That’s why I have such gratitude for all those s***ty things. Otherwise, I would’ve been stuck being this person that was so fearful, so nervous, so unsure of who they were.” She added that she has “zero regrets” and instead is filled with a sense of “relief.”
- Adam Sandler has never forgotten what Jennifer Aniston went through. And while she may not have a child, he believes that she’s still very much a mother at heart. In fact, he was right by her side over the past few decades as she tried to get pregnant.
- Sandler and his wife Jackie always want Jen to know she’s loved. That’s why, every Mother’s Day, they send her a gorgeous flower arrangement to let her know they’re thinking of her and that she’s always a mom to them. How sweet is that?
- At the end of the day, Jennifer Aniston doesn’t need a relationship or a child to complete her. As she stated in an essay for Huffington Post, “Here’s where I come out on this topic: We are complete with or without a mate, with or without a child. We get to decide for ourselves what is beautiful when it comes to our bodies.” So true!